Which bumper S line or non S line?

Reaction score
Evening all I read Rob's very detailed write up on different bumpers and what grills might fit but I'm a tad confused.
By Rob's description I have a non S line bumper but my Audi a4 b7 3.0tdi Quattro has S line badges on it.
Can someone tell by the picture please?
20190319 180232

Evening all I read Rob's very detailed write up on different bumpers and what grills might fit but I'm a tad confused.
By Rob's description I have a non S line bumper but my Audi a4 b7 3.0tdi Quattro has S line badges on it.
Can someone tell by the picture please?
View attachment 178143
That's a none s line bumper you have many more after market grill options available.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Yep, non s-line, the give away is the depth of the grill itself ( not as deep) , the lower air intake beneath the grill is much wider and also the foglamp cover are fixed , well they are part of the bumper whereas s-line as removable.

Absolutely Rob thanks, I guess a previous owner stuck s-line badges on it just to confuse me!

I will definitely be buying a honey comb grill, I think they look brill but I have no intention of taking the bumper off.
My plan is to cut a section out of the existing grill off giving me access to the fixture nuts and I will just bond the new grill in.

just take the bumper off, its not that difficult.
I doubt very much you'll will be able to remove it any other way , well you will but you will destroy your current one and wont get a new one back on properly.

the grille is secured to the bumper by screws and quite a few, plus the crash bar is in the way aswell so you wont be able to get to all the screws without removing the bumper.
see pic attached , all the screw holes are around the inner lip of the grille aperture and fixing points, 12 approx, maybe 14.

s-l1600.jpg

the grille is secured to the bumper by screws and quite a few, plus the crash bar is in the way aswell so you wont be able to get to all the screws without removing the bumper.
see pic attached , all the screw holes are around the inner lip of the grille aperture and fixing points, 12 approx, maybe 14.

s-l1600.jpg

The bumpers are a piece of cake to whip off, an experienced individual could have one off in 20 mins, and would make an easier, better job. In my opinion

Reactions: BakPak and Charlie Farley
agreed.
I have removed mine 5 times now and its not difficult after the 1st time, like they say " practice makes perfect".

Reactions: AvantAlexB7
I wasn't looking forward to doing the cambelt on mine for this reason, turns out it was a piece of cake to get off. It's designed to be taken off for multiple jobs, so it's a fairly easy job to do it.

Reactions: AvantAlexB7 and BakPak
Just to add - it is a doddle to remove and replace - trying to change the grille without removing the bumper would be a lot more work imho!

To be blunt, if you’re not prepared to remove the bumper, to fit a replacement grille, don’t bother.

It’s so easy to pull off, my wife could do it. You will make a mess if the grille and the bumper.

Reactions: BakPak
I will wait until my local mechanic does the serpentine belt and tensioner etc and get it fitted then.....