Which AMI?

Scott770

Reaction score
Hi

I am thinking of buying a C6 A6 le mans with a MMI 3g Low system and thus no Aux or Bluetooth music streaming.

I've found loads of great advice already about this which has left me with one question .

I know I need an AMI to replace the CD changer. And I know I need a bluetooth dongle that fits the AMI input. Question is, which AMI?

I've seen loads. A few at 199 from Poland and a few at 50 quid from UK from newer cars. It may be that these would serve my purpose and it may be they wint fit or work. I just dont know.

Does anyone know specifically which one to buy for this car?

Happy new year!

Scott

I'd like to know too please. Would love to have bluetooth music streaming in the car

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I have the nav cd rom with 2 sd card readers beside the 6 cd changer and didnt know until I bought the car that I'd didnt have bluetooth music. Took it as a given a top of the range audi would have this even 10 years ago. I'm very surprised. I dont mind spending money to resolve but I want to be sure I am buying the correct AMI for this car as the ones on ebay are located on Poland. I am hoping someone can point us in the right direction to a resource that makes sense of this so that we can both seek out tue correct AMI for our cars.

Good luck

Ps these are both in the glove box with nothing in the boot. The car has phone preparation in the arm rest and does not seem to have an ami or mmi port anywhere.

Excuse my ignorance but where is this cable implemented? I don't have the mmi cable port in the car just the hardwired CD drives in the glove box.

Is it a case of removing and adding this cable behind the cd drive?

I've got the car now.

I have had a look and I see the cable allows audi mmi cabling to be used. I.e a bluetooth adapter can be inserted and used.

Would this not do a similar job without the need of an additional bluetooth adapter?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/184070970547

It seems 90 pounds for a cable from China is a little pricey but more economical than it was looking to begin with if this is correct

Cheers
.scott

Never used one so no idea now or if they work. Best contact the seller of the BT adapter.

If you need a supply/fit solution give me a shout

Will do mate. Still trying to ascertain if I need the system or not as nitnhad the cd changer or the DVD/SD drive out the glove box.