Which Alcantara?

Vins

Sepang S3
Reaction score
I've ordered half leather half Alcantara and wondered what it will look like. I've seen two different types (Photos below) If it's the later, I need to change my order as I'm not keen on that at all.:eek:

img_0006-jpg.45650

2014_audi_a3_18tfsi_quattro_review_06-0906-m:610x450.jpg

Top image is S3, bottom option is perforated which is option on rest of range. I specced alcantara thinking i was getting the 2nd pic not realising there was a 2nd style. Having seen them both i'm super happy that its the first style in my car.
To summarise, 1st pic S3, 2nd pic all other A3s.

Si.

Top image is S3, bottom option is perforated which is option on rest of range. I specced alcantara thinking i was getting the 2nd pic not realising there was a 2nd style. Having seen them both i'm super happy that its the first style in my car.

Si.

Thanks Si,

Will stick with the alcantara then as I love the first pic.

Reactions: Psyman79

Si.

Sorry Si, but that's not correct, as the 2nd picture is the S-line Alcantara. The Alcantara in my Sport saloon has a completely smooth finish, which I much prefer, with no perforations.

I stand corrected :) thought it was a different style for S as that would make sense. I prefer the smooth style too.

Si.

Perforated is only available on the S-Line, the Sport and S3 alcantara options are smooth/solid.

As arad85 says, the perforated looks much better in the flesh and better than the rather plain non-perforated option, IMHO at least, we're all different :)