Which A5?

KatieKatie

Reaction score
Hi

I am new to this forum and thinking of getting an A5 to replace my A3 in 6-9 months time.

I think I want Diesel and Quattro.

What are the pros and cons of 2.0 vs 3.0 and are there any must have bits?

The 3.0 diesel A5 is one of the nicest cars i've driven in a long while. It impressed me more than the S5. I haven't driven the 2.0TDI so i couldn't comment. The petrol 1.8T surprised me, it actually goes quite well! I'm not too sure about the 2.7TDI, i haven't driven one yet. I think the 3.0TDIs are only availiable in manual?

Definatly book a test drive in the 3.0TDI!

Oh yeh, they're usually spec'd up well, optional B&O sound systems are really good. Try and get one with bluetooth too.

Thanks. 3.0 Tdi is available in M6 or Auto. 2.7Tdi seems to be Auto only.

Will drive 3.0Tdi today if I can.

What's the new 3G Nav, is it mobile signal dependent? If so I'll stick with DVD!:redrs4:

Think the 3 g nav is hard disk based but more expensive.
I drove the 2.0 T quattro a while back (the 211ps one) and was impressed. The engine is very economical too.
Personnally not a fan of diesels but the 3.0 is the one to go for if you dont mine the oily back stuff.

B&O is good but the standard stereo system is actually very good also so try and listen before splashing near £500 on the B&O !.

I am getting a 3.0Tdi Quattro Sport. With B&O and Y spokes.. Drove it loved it bought it...

Thanks for all help. :greyrs4:

Thanks.

The performance and lack of diesel noises are really impressive.

Insurance is really cheap too. Can't wait:yum:

i dont see the point of getting a diesel a5 there a luxury car and its got ot be petrol and id say s5 in white or black you can pick second hand ones up for 30 k now id rather pay a little extra on the insurance and petrol tbh and have something like this

audi-s5-bannner.jpg

Audi-S5_7488746.jpg

Plus them y spoke alloys are really crap on an a5 they look so standard and small all most like a basic a4 new shape if you gonna go a5 you got to go 20" or at least 19" 20"like these above then you got a nice car i dont see the point of making shortcuts on a luxury car that after a bit you wished you hadnt. When i see an a5 and its not the real deal ie basic alloys it looks like that person could just afford what they bought just my 2 bobs worth ......

There's no accounting for taste. 10blazin .Sprint Blue maybe but White no way thanks... especially if it had green tail lights.

Seems the A5 3.0Tdi Quattro has lots of fans, same top speed as S5, similar 0-62 5.? seconds, double the miles per gallon... can't wait to get in mine.

Standard wheels are 17in, Sports have 18in , S5 has 19in... the Y spokes are also 19in so it seems your comments are either ill informed or promoted to wind up?

The White has 20in wheels but I think the blue has 19in

Sprint Blue maybe but White no way thanks... especially if it had green tail lights.

Why would it have green tail lights? :uhm:

Deffo no accounting for taste though! The 3.0 TDi is a cracking engine and seems to get nothing but praise! Although I think due to the look of the A5 that all the wheels tend to look too small on them, 18"s look far too small, but I can't really pass judgement on the other sizes!

Sweet car, good choice :thumbsup: I'm no diesel fan but if it's your daily drive you can't argue with the performance and economy of the 3.0 TDi.

I agree with Blazin on the 20's though, it needs them, or at least 19's

i dont see the point of getting a diesel a5 there a luxury car and its got ot be petrol and id say s5 in white or black you can pick second hand ones up for 30 k now id rather pay a little extra on the insurance and petrol tbh and have something like this

audi-s5-bannner.jpg

Audi-S5_7488746.jpg

Plus them y spoke alloys are really crap on an s5 they look so standard and small all most like a basic a4 new shape if you gonna go s5 you got to go 20" like these above then you got a nice car i dont see the point of making shortcuts on a luxury car that after a bit you wished you hadnt. When i see an a5 and its not the real deal it looks like that person could just afford what they bought just my 2 bobs worth ......

Yep; I agree.. Thats why I got my S5 for that rough price!.
I even get 27mpg out of it on the motorway commute without trying too hard.

They are 19's which are std on the S5...

3.0 TDi for sure is a nice car but the MPG isnt that great for a diesel and it still chatters like a good 'un plus you have to fill it with that horrible oily black stuff that gets everywhere but still a great drive (enjoy it Katie!)

Power delivery is totally different too and is more of a motorway cruiser; not particularly rapid but quite a nice torque delivery (gutsy)..

Maybe when I am a bit older I will give in to the oil burners but with anything over 20 mpg with 350 bhp is good in my book!..

42.8 mpg combined on 3.0Td1 Quattro. 500Nm Torque, Regular 40mpg is real world economy.

No rattles and no smells either.

Try one! Only thing missing is V8 soundtrack and revs:hi:

Hi Katie,
Glad you like it and yes I have driven the entire range inc. the 3.0 tdi - its not for me to be honest, the S5 is in a differnet league imo; if I were after an economic version, I would get the 2.0T Quattro but each to their own!..
Just make sure you put those plastic gloves on when filling up!...(hateful stuff!!!)....:moa: :undwech:

Nice purchase, although I would have chosen the auto box over a manual, especially with the 3.0 TDi engine. Not only for driving pleasure (imo), but for resale too.

I have had a 3.0 TDi SE and it is without doubt one of the best cars I have driven in a long time.
A colleague has a new 2.0 TDi 170 S-Line manual, and although it seems to pull alright, the pedals are offset and I found my left foot hitting the rest all the time.

Enjoy.

There's no accounting for taste. 10blazin .Sprint Blue maybe but White no way thanks... especially if it had green tail lights.

Seems the A5 3.0Tdi Quattro has lots of fans, same top speed as S5, similar 0-62 5.? seconds, double the miles per gallon... can't wait to get in mine.

Standard wheels are 17in, Sports have 18in , S5 has 19in... the Y spokes are also 19in so it seems your comments are either ill informed or promoted to wind up?

The White has 20in wheels but I think the blue has 19in

Katie no need to be like that as you can see the rest of the thread agrees ...a5 has to be s5 for me its a lovely luxury car you can pick em up second hand for around 30 k if you cant afford to run it get a 2.0t... But i think diesels are good if i was doing alot of milage in my job then maybe on an a4 avant,, a3 sportback,,, But not an a5 black smoke ******* out and tractor soundtrack dosent go with the a5 sorry and the wheels on the blue are 20 bbs ck...... im not winding you up but just cant agree on them y spoke wheels makes the s5 look like a mondeo id defo change em the design is shat ....heres a little selection below how i think an s5 should look all with 20" i mean if your gona spend 30 k on a car Spend a little extra and get the right wheels ...just my 2 pennith if you get an s5 then the wheels are nice anyway .....personally it would be the grey one second pic down for me nicely styled

audis53.jpg

2419596257_79563baafe.jpg

DSC00177_2.jpg

3103249_46_full.jpg

Why would it have green tail lights? :uhm:

Deffo no accounting for taste though! The 3.0 TDi is a cracking engine and seems to get nothing but praise! Although I think due to the look of the A5 that all the wheels tend to look too small on them, 18"s look far too small, but I can't really pass judgement on the other sizes!

I think he was confused,, My avatar had some photoshop effects on a pic and he went out of his way to slag my car my wheels my lights the badges just about everything for no reason.. So i thought id just come on this thread not to wind up but to show a few home truths about style and choosing an a5 ie... mondeo wheels :lmfao:.... im not usually bitchy but this guy was a ....:Flush: and personal So i thought id give my opinion id usually just agree even if i didnt like it and say yeah its great you know not to upset the apple kart and stuff but this time i thought id tell the truth :noway: .... Now people can say im a twit or what ever but go to katies post shes has about 10 there must be 7 slaggin my car off ...i mean for what ...i just thought id show what taste actually is .... and it aint a 3.0d with mondeo style alloys :think:...the pics below tell it how it is and should be ..19s or 20s with style on a a5/s5..... model either ..s5 or 2.0t ...just my opinion katie just like you had yours....lol

I think he was confused,, My avatar had some photoshop effects on a pic and he went out of his way to slag my car my wheels my lights the badges just about everything for no reason..

Who you saying is confused?

Me for starters! lol

Who you saying is confused?

Me for starters! lol

no not you mate you asked whats green lights got to do with it ...i done some messing on photoshop with my avatar and katiekatie is on about that with the greenlights saying my style is wack and my car wheels badges everything else lol ...
so i was just letting you know ..he was confused ie katie

waifan very nice love the front and the wheels .....

:blackrs4:I think 10 B must be winding me up. What black smoke and noise?

The 3.0Tdi Quattro is refinded and civilised... just take alook not a Mondeo in site.

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/969955.htm

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/926117.htm

KK - Who's heard of a bloke called Katie by the way?? It's she.:rtfm:

put your foot down in any diesel and black ***** flies out and the noise is poo ...... s5 or 2.0t for the 5 series just my penneth lol and them wheels are like there off a mondeo sorry id change em especially if i paid 30 g plus for a motor

Thats the edge of the rim pal ... looks much better with bigger wheels it totally makes the car....

I am told... 'modern diesels with DPF do not push out black stuff' neither does the V6 3.0 sound like a diesel.

Also I would not want to put naff Chinese replica wheels on my A5 nor an A3 for that matter, Suggest you research before posting incorrect comments 10p.

The A5 3.0TDI is a great engine in a great car, yes it's no S5 but tbh there's not really that much difference in performance between them anyway! The 3.0 goes like a steam train whereas with the S5 you really have to wind it up to get going! The 3.0TDI is such an effortless and smooth car to drive. I prefer the looks of the S5 but I prefer the 3.0TDI engine.

And in regards to performance the 3.0, as Katie said, has 500nm torque compared to the S5s 440nm. I wonder what that would increase to after being remapped;)

I am told... 'modern diesels with DPF do not push out black stuff' neither does the V6 3.0 sound like a diesel.

Also I would not want to put naff Chinese replica wheels on my A5 nor an A3 for that matter, Suggest you research before posting incorrect comments 10p.

oh and my reps are made in italy the same country your mondeo ones are made so just stick with them mondeo jobby ones then that look tiiiiiiiiiiiny lol.... and when your tractering along and put yer foot down hard and see that black smoke don't say i didn't tell yer ok fella.. haha...... they saw you comin a mile off blagged you and just got rid of the dead wood have a look on Audi used cars how many 3.0 diesels they have ,the boss is like shift em with any old blag :scared2: lol....:whistle2:

i mean take a look at this s5 from Audi it has the looks wheels performance interior oh my god so nice wheres the sense to save a bit of money on fuel and get a half job :puke:and soon diesel is gonna work out dearer than petrol anyway :happy: so my conclusion is if your gonna get a a5 get an s5 the real thing and not some half jobby:icon_thumright: hope thats helped katie .......

http://usedcars.audi.co.uk/carview.aspx?id=600387332

Jealously will get you no where.

I has a 2.oTFsi Quattro A3 Sprtback and the A5 3.0Tdi p**ses all over them. 0-60, top speed, acceleration. Maybe you are sorry not to have bought the real A3 THE S3 !!!

Seriously I have been anti-diesel for years but the A5 3.oTdi is super, no diesel noises, smell or smoke.. far better than our old A3 Sportback which rarely achieved over 28mpg! The A5 regularly shows nearly 40mpg!:end_of_discction::end_of_discction:

The s3 wasnt out at the time i bought mine...:rtfm: so it was the best sportback available doh ....:think:with absolutely everything on it .... its ok you made a mistake ..but a 30 grand one lol .....enjoy it im sure you will ...but to people who know and like there cars its just another standard boring a5 with tiny little alloys so your hardley gonna stand out ..just looks like you couldnt afford the real thing .... enjoy :blow: