Hi.
If you need any help with insurance at all then please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.

Premiums have risen generally recently: https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-news/102473/car-insurance-premiums-hit-two-year-high

I just use several comparison sites usually, and often change every year, although this year my renewal from LV was the best price at £258 so I stuck with them.

£258 ? That's a good price maybe I'm doing something wrong. LV wanted £700. I've been driving 22 years with 15 years no claims. No points or claims and never had anything under £300.

£258 ? That's a good price maybe I'm doing something wrong. LV wanted £700. I've been driving 22 years with 15 years no claims. No points or claims and never had anything under £300.
Big factor is where you live. I’m in London so premiums are double what I’d pay back in Scotland.

£258 ? That's a good price maybe I'm doing something wrong. LV wanted £700.

Yes, but last year it was less!
There are many factors of course, postcode being a major one as mentioned above. I have maximum no claims, and 34 years driving experience. Having more drivers on the policy, even if they never drive it, makes it cheaper too provided they're a similar risk as you. I also don't add on all the extras either as I don't consider them necessary, they're just a way of bumping up the price.

I agree with @jds_sg. Just adding my wife (who will never drive my car) cuts the cost by hundreds. Funnily enough, also with LV for a second year as well, though sadly not for as low as £258 but well below £400 with business use, street parking at work and home and including protected bonus.

I’d love to pay £200-400 for insurance, as I live in Birmingham, and Birmingham being full of crash for cash con artists I pay £850 for insurance. I’ve payed £1500 in the past.

Hi,

I am searching for my first Audi A4 and so far narrowed it down to two versions. I have a few questions if anyone can shed any light.

2016/17 A4 S line 3.0 TDI Quattro 218 bh with under 20k on the clock vs 2017 A4 S line 2.0 TDI 190 bh under 20k are the two of interest. Any input would be great.

Main questions:

• What are the differences between the two in regards to MPG (Mainy urban driving on a daily basis.) I suspect the 3.0 may drink a little more but checking online only a one or two MPG or so more than the 2.0 . What do these cars truly do on MPG ?
  • Is there a way to verify the mileage ?
  • I would prefer to buy from Audi via the used approved. But haggling seems to have died out in the UK from last time I bought a car.
  • Are there any pro's and con's that are of concern between the two.
  • Is there anything else that should be considered.

Any advice would be much appreciated and thank you in advance.

The search is over. Settled on a 2016 190 with 23k on the clock from Audi. Plenty of extras rear camera and heads up display. Nice looking car. Insurance I cant seem to find less than £550. If all goes well I get to pick it up mid week.

Reactions: WesT-gefül, cuke2u, tickedon and 1 other person
The search is over. Settled on a 2016 190 with 23k on the clock from Audi. Plenty of extras rear camera and heads up display. Nice looking car. Insurance I cant seem to find less than £550. If all goes well I get to pick it up mid week.
Pictures are obligatory in this forum :)

Reactions: WesT-gefül
I'll be picking it up tommorow and post some. If all goes to plan.

Adrian Flux is my current insurer. Ha ha
Hi.
If you wanted to PM me your details I'd be happy to take a look at your details to see why it seems so much higher than quotes you've been getting elsewhere.
Regards,
Dan.

Hi.
If you wanted to PM me your details I'd be happy to take a look at your details to see why it seems so much higher than quotes you've been getting elsewhere.
Regards,
Dan.

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the offer, pick up is tommorow so I have already sorted out cover which starts from tonight.

Hi,

This is a an image from the Audi site of my new car, alloys where scuffed but they repiared them yesturday, can't really tell from the images.

Attachments

• Audi2.PNG
    Audi2.PNG
    600.3 KB · Views: 178
Hi,

This is a an image from the Audi site of my new car, alloys where scuffed but they repiared them yesturday, can't really tell from the images.

Apprently the front windows have been tinted and the tint has to be removed.

Any ideas on good insurance company's? Mines gone right up. Current company want £1400 for some reason. Confused comes back at around £600.

Never understood why all the insurance companies do this, renewal quotes being so much higher than previous years price. This year my insurance company quoted me over £1000 more than I paid last year. I don't even try to call them as it's just easier and quicker to go on a comparison website, especially if all my details are saved from last year, and purchase the best priced insurace. Takes few minutes and nowadays you don't even have to send the no claim bonus certificate. In the past they didn't even want to price match so I just show them the middle finger and move on.

In the past they didn't even want to price match so I just show them the middle finger and move on.

Vote with your feet! That's what I always do, loyalty is often not rewarded with insurance premiums, in fact with many services now it usually pays to always be a new customer.