wheres the maf sensor located on my a6 1.8t 2000 plate

bigblokey0

Reaction score
as above

i think i need to change it cuz im getting poor performance problems when the engine is cold

Before you do that try changing the engine temp sensor switch, as these have a big role play. There only £20+

Coolant temp sensor is about £16 and is on the heater inlet hose and the engine inlet air temp sensor on the inlet manifold (not the maf) again faily cheap try cleaning it first though

whats the heater inlet hose look like its a real pain not having a haynes manual to look at

I dont know where it is on your engine but its at the rear off the engine on theV^ I checked Elsa win if your engine is AJM then it is part of your Thermostat housing.

Max

UPDATE: ive still not sorted this problem cuz im still not sure where to look and the problem is getting worse my fuel consumption is through the roof does this help in finding the faulty part ?

Coolant temp sensor is on fitted as part of the radiator bottom hose close to the radiator hose flange you will see it from underneath it is a pain as to replace you will have to drain the coolant on this one. As soon as you pull the sensor you will loose coolant.

The sensor is held in by just a metal clip. pull this away from ht esensor and then pry up as it is O ring sealed it will seem to be stuck

Sorry cant post pics this site wont let me.

Hence why i have now given up with it.

Hope this helps

cheers max ill have a look as soon as ive got elswin but i cant seem to find pics for it

problem turned out to be the coolant temp sensor as the car got to the stage where it wouldnt start cost £19 for the part and an easy job to do however that sorted i still get dodgy driving when the engine is cold