Wheres my washer fluid going?

Pete20vt

Supermoto Junkie
Reaction score
My car is seemingly loosing 5.9L of washer fluid over night?! Also i've noticed my headlamp washers arent quite closed, they look like they want to push in another 5mm or so, is this related? Its above 0° out there and i 'did' have a strong mix in there so nothing should have been frozen.

Also its strange as after i first lost a tank over night i lifted the bottle up to find that two of the plastic pipes and popped off so popped them back on and figured that was that, but it lost all fluid again that night so lifted the bottle again and found that the pipes are still connected? WTF?! Since then its loosing a bottle a day, wheres it all going? Everything seems to be working ok (front/rear washers and headlamp washers) and it dosnt seem to leak anywhere when using it and there dosnt seem to be any cracks in the bottle itself. Im stuck...

Last edited:
As it looks like i will be pulling it apart again does anyone know how to get the bottle out completely? I cant seem to do it even with removing the carbon canistor and one of the intercooler hoses, the bottle seems wedged in there good, is it a case of pulling it out through the wheel arch?

I think if they are not down properly,they constantly allow the washer fluid to escape.

Mine slightly popped up a bit.But when things started to warm up a bit they went back down again.Have you tried pouring some warm water on them?

Tried warm water and used the headlight washers a few times but with no luck. Its mild out there and didnt freeze last night so i would have thought they would have re seated properly? They are by no means stuck out but they are out enough that the covers rattle.

Pete, I've had the exact same problem, poured some hot water over the washers and left for a few hours and after operating the washers they have re-seated. Looking at another thread it suggests checking the fuse as they can blow when the washers are iced up. Do the washers work when you operate them? If not then they must still be frozen or fuse blown?

Ok its been sat for a few hours now after having warm water on it. Have again operated the headlamp washers but the covers are still loose. Not sure what else i can try?