wheres my thread gone

adey12

Reaction score
opened a thread about dtuk or tmc tuning box and it's gone vanished ,any ideas , would be nice to be told and reason for its deletion

Reactions: Dubjam
Were there any bad words said........

Reactions: Dubjam
Possible system fault, what was the context of the thread?

New thread or existing old?

Yes we were talking about the boxes yesterday I remember the thread.
Do you have a A3 or S3, if not it probably was put into the correct catagory as this is only for A3 / S3 cars

It could possibly be that DTUK didn't take too kindly to freedom of speech...as the thread is vanished from my console, it means it was deleted entirely.

The true colours of a company are often revealed when they have to silence discussion and experience based views...so I think we all got our answer there about the validity of these boxes and the business practices that accompany them.

Standalone map. Do it properly, avoid the cowboys.

Last edited:
Reactions: Adam14 and 8YARWY
How do DTUK have the power to silence a forum for Audi members?
Unless the head mods are on their side (Payroll) and its all a conspiracy LOL

If its the case that we cannot gripe about a company on this forum then I will pack my bags as there was no abuse or anything on the last thread.

Either way @Dubjam is right, do not get a DTUK box, get a proper map, I think thats where the last thread was left.

If its the case that we cannot gripe about a company on this forum then I will pack my bags as there was no abuse or anything on the last thread.

Either way @Dubjam is right, do not get a DTUK box, get a proper map, I think thats where the last thread was left.

It seems they are forum 'sponsors'...so yes, there is a payroll (of sorts).

Reactions: 8YARWY
Please don’t label all “boxes” with the same tag as there are differences, in hardware as well as software and indeed usage. Many boxes get a bad rap because people think they can turn everything up to 10 and be a formula 1 driver in their family car. Is a bit strange that the thread has vanished.

Reactions: 8YARWY
i am on several different forums cars and motorbikes never had a thread deleted , i asked a simple question no agenda , and very sad if its been deleted because someone doesn't like whats being said , thats the whole idea of forums so we can share our knowledge and tips

I personally dont dislike boxes and if I had a brand new car and wanted more power I probably would get a box from the likes of DTUK or TDI tuning, but if a car is out of warranty, I would rather a pro Map on a Dyno

I dont think anyone said the Boxes are garbage, just that there are better options out there.

Censorship will always exist when there are financial elements involved, there is no 'freedom of speech', not really. Someone somewhere always has the power to change, or remove anything that has been discussed.

Forums don't run themselves for free, they require sponsorship to maintain, this is why sponsors will often get more control over content than say an everyday freebie member.

As for boxes, I wouldn't use one, definitely not after my experience with DTUK ones anyway. Yes, there may be other box options, but for me, coming from an old school motorsport background, an engine is 'mapped' to the best of its abilities. There is never really a 'need' for alternative maps, because all they are doing is creating less harmony for the engine to perform by forcing certain less than natural parametres. Even generic maps aren't perfect, but much closer fit than a box.

opened a thread about dtuk or tmc tuning box and it's gone vanished ,any ideas , would be nice to be told and reason for its deletion
Your thread is not deleted, you just can’t access it at the moment

It could possibly be that DTUK didn't take too kindly to freedom of speech...as the thread is vanished from my console, it means it was deleted entirely.

Nothing is ever deleted permanently

The true colours of a company are often revealed when they have to silence discussion and experience based views...so I think we all got our answer there about the validity of these boxes and the business practices that accompany them.

no one is on site sponsors payroll. They have asked for the thread to be reviewed.

I personally dont dislike boxes and if I had a brand new car and wanted more power I probably would get a box from the likes of DTUK or TDI tuning, but if a car is out of warranty, I would rather a pro Map on a Dyno

I dont think anyone said the Boxes are garbage, just that there are better options out there.

Boxes work by applying different sophistications of introduced fiddle factors that result in increased boost and fuel pressure. Beware of the ones that achieve better torque figures with a lean mixture. They will make a lively feeling engine but long term, premature detonation will probably damage your pistons. Do some research.
If you are going to do it, a professional map a can be had for less than one of the better boxes.

You pay to play. If it's your engine, and you are prepared to pay to mend it, all well and good. Expecting Audi to fit a brand new £15k engine under warranty without carrying out extensive forensics for evidence you have "abused" it with a tuning box is hoping and folly.

I have a Racechip S box for a 1.5 TSI in the cupboard. Used it on my old leon FR

it is the 130 varient, if you have the 130 i will let it go for much cheapness.

tuning boxes are adventageous on cars under warranty. If you want to maintain a warranty then a remap is out of the window.

yes remaps offer more horsepower but they aren’t the best option for everyone. A warrantied car a tuning box is an acceptable compromise.

the 1.5 tsi is very hard to map when i was looking nobody had managed to crack it.

Thanks for your offer bigjase unfortunately it’s a 150 all I wanted was some extra torque , I had a tmc box on a z4 before and did improve it ,and like the idea it can be reverted to standard

Thanks for your offer bigjase unfortunately it’s a 150 all I wanted was some extra torque , I had a tmc box on a z4 before and did improve it ,and like the idea it can be reverted to standard

yeah the 1.5 TSI is a lazy engine with not much torque about it.

one thing i will say is some of the connectors you need to get to are horrendously awkward. The turbo boost sensor for one is really bad.

Last edited:
yeah the 1.5 TSI is a lazy engine with not much torque about it.

one think i will say is some of the connectors you need to get to are horrendously awkward. The turbo boost sensor for one is really bad.
My 1.5 has 250N/m torque which is the same as my old 2014 2.0L Yeti diesel. I'd have said for a petrol engine of this size the torque figure is respectable.

Colin

I have seen this happen on other car forums.
It’s always the threads containing bad feedback on a forum sponsors products.

I always wanted to have the 190bhp engine but had to settle for 150bhp 2.0 tdi engine.
Just could not find that bigger 190 BHP engine in the model, colour and spec at that time.

So to compensate for the lower BHP. I chose a dtuk tuning box which reported gains of around 190 bhp. And hey presto, got everything I wanted.

4 years on using the tuning box. I am now thinking about a remap again this time. Just because it's now out of warranty and reading more about stage 1 remaps seem to be more stable and better option.

Had the DTUK tuning box fitted to the car since October 2016. 98% of the time with no problems. It is still on now.

Within that time I have had very few issues with the car going in limp mode, maybe 4 0r 5 times.

Debatable now to what reasons caused this.

• Playing with the settings (you get 21). Setting them to high while finding the correct settings to suit your engine and drive style.

• Remember another time having car going in limp mode, when we had a heatwave 32+c.

• Pushing the car a bit hard in the med to high rev range.

I also have the blanking plug always with me, so on a rare occasion it does play up and your in a pickle, I just fit that and the car goes back to the normal settings. I Drive off.

I just think now a good custom remap may give you that 100%. No limp, maybe.

When I have the time to edit it

When it’s ready
Upload 2020 12 24 20 23 56

I guess DTUK own this forum
We were not even negative, we were just saying there is better options, obviously DTUK did not like us saying that.
Goes show show they have something to hide and have second thoughts about buying the device because they dont want you saying anything about their product on a open forum.

Enough guys. The issue is about the content of the original post. If you want to keep going on about it you will get a Christmas holiday.

Reactions: Jcbmally
Enough guys. The issue is about the content of the original post. If you want to keep going on about it you will get a Christmas holiday.
What was the issue with the content?

It’s bad when discussion is taken away from an internet forum where people come to discuss things.

Might aswel divert readers of this forum to an encyclopedia of known facts rather than allow open discussion.

:scared2:

Reactions: CraigM
What was the issue with the content?

It’s bad when discussion is taken away from an internet forum where people come to discuss things.

Might aswel divert readers of this forum to an encyclopedia of known facts rather than allow open discussion.

:scared2:
If you were on the original thread you would know the content. I suggest you stop trying to inflame something that is not your concern.

Reactions: Jcbmally