1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where to get turbo oil return pipe?

Eoin Oct 12, 2018

1. Eoin

Eoin Member Silver Supporter

Hi, I've a 2001 S3 8L AMK and it looks like I need a new turbo oil return pipe; Audi have quoted me €185 for the part - does anyone know if there are any other options available for this part? The only other one can see available is a MAMBA one on eBay for £53.

Many thanks, Eoin

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. Stuart B

Stuart B Well-Known Member

why do you need another pipe? has it been hit by something? it is just a gravity fed pipe from the bottom of the turbo to the sump, there should be little or no pressure in it should there?

I saw a youtube video showing that too much blow-by pressurises the sump and doesn't allow the oil to run back to the sump.

4. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow... Staff Member Moderator Audi S3 It's my birthday

eBay or facebook groups realistically... there are differences between K04 and K03 oil returns and pretty sure they are not transferable so you would be best just trying to source a K04 one

<tuffty/>

5. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow... Staff Member Moderator Audi S3 It's my birthday

6. Eoin

Eoin Member Silver Supporter

thanks for the responses...I'll try to source a secondhand one then if I need it. I'm not sure what the damage is to it - my mechanic just said it needed a new one so I might get him to see if he can pinpoint exactly where the problem is.