Where to get FBMFSW from?

Silky-S3

Is loving his new 8V S3!
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Anyone got know where to get FBMFSW from apart from the £600 eBay jobs? Also, I take it that it’s quite an involved process to fitting them (my 2006 DSG has cruise, so I should not need anymore parts apart from the wheel and airbag?), has anyone produced a guide how to do it, I take it you need VagCom to code it all up?

Thanks guys, and sorry for all the questions.

Matt:)

& you have, lol, I will check with a guy I know if he's got any in stock mate, get back to you when I know, no guarantees but I'll try.

LOL, done that and he quiet rightly said that I should post the question in the forum so other people can read it :)

Update your site as it says ref 2007, lol.

LOL, tell me about it mate!

Thanks for that, let me know...

Hey I can host it for you for a small yearly cost & give you a sitebuilder facility to build a website straight away, which has very modern templates to create your site & then upload it to your hosting account.

Hey I can host it for you for a small yearly cost & give you a sitebuilder facility to build a website straight away, which has very modern templates to create your site & then upload it to your hosting account.

Narr, its ok mate, haven’t been racing since 2007 so it does not really need to be up-to-date! Hopefully some sponsorship will be coming my way soon to start doing it again :)

well look me up anyway mate, whats your yearly costs at moment?

well look me up anyway mate, whats your yearly costs at moment?

Not sure TBH, about £140 for a three year hosting deal, and then just using frontpage/dreamweaver to update. I'll keep you in mind mate!

Well hosting can do cheaper but I assume you pay ontop the yearly domain charges as there's 2 things to it, 1 is hosting other is domain rental purely for the name

Bought from NHN and he is a good guy... I love my Wheel!!

Ebay is a good source, just keep an eye out for one with a keen price...

Link

I,ve got an 07 s3 with the normal steering wheel and was wondering if i bought the fbmfsw would i be able to use the air bag from my old steering wheel with it thanks

Uh well given the shape you could try cutting it to fit, lol, really fella the FBMFSW are round airbags not shield shape so no you cant use it on new wheel.

Uh well given the shape you could try cutting it to fit, lol, really fella the FBMFSW are round airbags not shield shape so no you cant use it on new wheel.

I was going to get my dremmel, hammer & black electrical tape out and turn my 3 spoke wheel into a flat bottomed wheel :whistle2:

I'd love one of these but my car is early so it will need the slip ring and other bits, it would cost me one months mortgage to do! ...........and wife would inflict violence upon me for doing that when she wants a new bathroom! :angrymod:

I'd love one of these but my car is early so it will need the slip ring and other bits, it would cost me one months mortgage to do! ...........and wife would inflict violence upon me for doing that when she wants a new bathroom! :angrymod:

With you bro, my RNS-E retro fit has been scuppered by a new kitchen.
********.:mad:

Try vwcruise.com

They also have a couple of secondhand multifunctions in stock.

Cannot recommend them highly enough.

Hi guys,

I'm still looking for a FBMFSW and have cash waiting! Need it to be a DSG one and/or maybe a RS6 one!

I keep seraching on eBay.de and can never find them for a decent price!:unsure:

Cheers

I have a dsg one for sale with the alum paddles aswell but same sort of price as ebay I'm afraid, PM if interested & I know someone near you who can fit for a price, at least you know where its coming from.

I have a dsg one for sale with the alum paddles aswell but same sort of price as ebay I'm afraid, PM if interested & I know someone near you who can fit for a price, at least you know where its coming from.

You have more than 1!!! Thought I had your FBMFSW with alu paddles?? :whistle2:

Italy's full of Audi's with no steering wheels..:yes:

Still looking guys, needs to be perforated/S-Line or a RS6 one! :sob:

Can you get the FBSW without MF or DSG flaps?

I'v haven't got this on my SW now but would love a FBSW :)
:uhm:

The one Nigel has in an S-Line one with chrome paddles. A RS6 new is about £800 with airbag.

I dont think its a S-line one as it is not perforated. I would have it off him if it was!! Would be nice to see a pic of it though...

Can you get the FBSW without MF or DSG flaps?

I'v haven't got this on my SW now but would love a FBSW :)
:uhm:

Yes you can mate, a few the Bay right now!

Nice! I'll look into that.

Is this plug and play with the airbag and mounting or is it a crapy job to start on myself?

What did you search for on the bay?

And is it in UK the same that you loose your warrenty if you do the job yourself?

It's not perforated no, the TT S-Line ones weren't, that's what that is with the addition of TT-S paddles which cost £250 to buy brand new.