Where to buy rnse

mattyb6

Reaction score
After a trip over the weekend from Durham to Watford with only radio for first 30miles

I've decided I need a stereo upgrade

I currently have a single din concert

I know all about the climate control trimming down and the need for a double din cage

I'm going to upgrade my Ariel too with a universal one hidden under the dash or in the head liner

But what I need to know which model do I need?
And where are reliable sources to get one

Or better yet anyone recommend a good aftermarket head unit

Doesn't have to have gps but would like an oem look

Must have iPhone and either SD card or usb

Think I'm going to do the same and as I work in a car audio shop I have decided I'm going to fit an alpine Apple car play unit (iLX-700). One because I have an iPhone 6 and two because it's a very clean smooth front looking unit. Just got to have time to do it. Lol.

Think I'm going to do the same and as I work in a car audio shop I have decided I'm going to fit an alpine Apple car play unit (iLX-700). One because I have an iPhone 6 and two because it's a very clean smooth front looking unit. Just got to have time to do it. Lol.

I have an iPhone and will probably upgrade from the 5c to a 6 shortly but not in quite happy to have my music on a usb or SD card

I will have a look at the one you mentioned but for an rnse mk2 your looking at £400 then if you want the iPhone integration plus the maps etc

Also if you buy second hand you need to original code from either the owner or Audi

Reactions: Jimmy TDI
I've seen an rnse modded with a touch screen and running windows with built in wifi but that's all I've seen would love to no what he's done ..

Just seen the price of the alpine ilx 700 and all I can say is bo**ocks to that lol

For the time being I'm looking at a better Ariel for my concert and a connects2 kit until I can find a decent head unit and well can afford one lol

The rnse mk2 fits my needs perfectly bit like Paul said its a bit dated for the b6

A decent rnse is £400-450. Alpine unit is £500 and does everything my iphone does. My spotify. Google maps. Even text messages etc. as much as rnse looks oem they are rubbish.

I'm thinking of getting one of the pioneer app radios, seen the mk2's going for around £100 and believe they basically show everything off your iPhone on the screen so hands free etc plus iPod on the car speakers!

I've been looking today and seen a few decent after market ones
DAB
NAV (not bothered tbh)
iPhone
SD/USB

Plus I can keep it if I get rid of the car too which is a plus
Another benefit is I stil have really decent speakers from my last car which I could install ...maybe

If I was to go double DIN I would definitely be buying an aftermarket headunit. More up to date and much better value!

Been looking and yeah aftermarket is the way

Tbh il see what's about
Might find a good deal

Reactions: Chrismawa
I'm thinking of getting one of the pioneer app radios, seen the mk2's going for around £100 and believe they basically show everything off your iPhone on the screen so hands free etc plus iPod on the car speakers!
I wouldn't to be honest. I bought one for mine and it was utter garbage so I returned it after one day.
The idea is great, but the execution is terrible; you get two completely separate interfaces (a bit like dual running windows and linux on a PC), neither of which are much good. Then, if you want to connect an iPhone for its apple carplay features, you can't use Bluetooth! Also, using apple carplay adds a third interface. Its completely bonkers that it got through testing.
My unit also constantly disconnected and the mic was awful. I got avrefund and bought a used rns-e on eBay and couldn't be happier now.