Where to buy a Dension Gateway and Cradle

h5djr

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Where is the best place to try and purchase a Dension 100 Gateway and Active cradle to fit my wife's iPod Nano (2G) into her new Polo.

I've tried a couple of places from the internet but no one seems to have them in stock. They seem to have others, ICD and Connect2 but no Dension.

But it's an online store, how on earth can they not keep it up to date?

But it's an online store, how on earth can they not keep it up to date?

Quite easily. You do what I did and order the item off their website. The next day you get an email which tells you they no longer stock that range and would I like an alternative item or a refund. Presumably they know people will search for 'Dension' when then want iPod cradles etc and that way they get them to place an order hoping they will accept an alternative. Sharp practice if you ask me.

I have also placed an order with ipodcardirect and it is out of stock.

Great service that.

Yes that was what I thought, but when I spoke to them they said they no longer stock Dension.

I've also tried www.caraudiosecurity.co.uk and again they do not stock them anymore, only the Connect2 range.

Obviously they don't update their websites very often!

for ref i ordered at start of Dec getting lts of info from them on the useage of the Denison kit, recieved it 3 weeks later as was on back order

I gave up with both Car Audio Security and Ipod Direct. I found another company - www.raysmith.co.uk. I emailed them to see if they had a Gateway 100 and a Dension cradle in-stock. I had a reply within the hour to say they had the cradle in stock and could arrange for next day delivery of the Gateway 100 from their suppliers if I order before 4pm.
I ordered both items and the Gateway 100 arrived the next day and the cradle the following day. Excellent service.

I gave up with both Car Audio Security and Ipod Direct. I found another company - www.raysmith.co.uk. I emailed them to see if they had a Gateway 100 and a Dension cradle in-stock. I had a reply within the hour to say they had the cradle in stock and could arrange for next day delivery of the Gateway 100 from their suppliers if I order before 4pm.
I ordered both items and the Gateway 100 arrived the next day and the cradle the following day. Excellent service.

Thanks for that link.

Did you fit it yourself? What do you think of it? Can you control your ipod sufficiently from the headunit?

Thanks for that link.

Did you fit it yourself? What do you think of it? Can you control your ipod sufficiently from the headunit?

Yes I did fit it, not to my A3 but to my wifes new Polo. It was straight forward to fit providing you get the correct kit that matches the connections on your particular radio. The cradle I fitted to a plastic blacking plate next to the radio.

You do have control of the iPod using the radio, but it's not the same as I have with the Audi iPod interface I have fitted to my A3. If you go to www.dension.com and look for the Gateway 100, you will be able to download a copy of the operating instructions. Also if you look at this recent thread on the 8P forum - http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=62228 you may pick-up some further information. As I said in that thread, personally I prefer the Audi interface way of doing things, but each to his own.

Thanks for that Dave, reading those threads was quite interesting. I have tons of music on my ipod but no playlists, so I am thinking that the controlability (?) of the Dension will suit me more. I was all set to order from ipodcarkitsdirect.com so am glad I spotted your other link in time!

I am still doing my research though.

guys have a look at my Denison problem thread..... the instructions on how to use the damn thing arent the simplist...... copied in are the full instructions to use with sym II HU

I emailed ipodcarkitsdirect today and they replied saying they are in stock and delivery will be within 1 to 2 days.