Where is the MAF? (1.4 TFSI)

Shira

Reaction score
Hi, I've been having problems with my 2008 A3 1.4 TFSI, mostly once it's warm, I get sudden engine knocking if I try to accelerate hard, as if there's a sudden loss of power or fuel for like 1/2 second. No DTC error codes. I was told it could be the mass air flow sensor needing cleaning or replacing, so I tried to take it out but I can't find the damn thing :O I located the MAP, where a friend wrongly told me the MAF was, but nothing else. Where is it?

Wtr3p2P.jpg

U2GmWtM.jpg

0eAw7wl.jpg

not in here either
d5d4E81.jpg

1.4 has 2 map sensors no maf sensor and the pic ture is a dv valve

Reactions: Shira
Hi, I've been having problems with my 2008 A3 1.4 TFSI, mostly once it's warm, I get sudden engine knocking if I try to accelerate hard, as if there's a sudden loss of power or fuel for like 1/2 second. No DTC error codes. I was told it could be the mass air flow sensor needing cleaning or replacing, so I tried to take it out but I can't find the damn thing :O I located the MAP, where a friend wrongly told me the MAF was, but nothing else. Where is it?

Wtr3p2P.jpg

U2GmWtM.jpg

0eAw7wl.jpg

not in here either
d5d4E81.jpg
Hi, I’m having the same issue when accelerating when engine is warm it surges and the rpm needle jutters and was told it is the MAF sensor, did you find out what was causing your problem,? I have the same Audi A3 1.4 CAXC engine

Hi, I’m having the same issue when accelerating when engine is warm it surges and the rpm needle jutters and was told it is the MAF sensor, did you find out what was causing your problem,? I have the same Audi A3 1.4 CAXC engine

Yeah, it was the spark plugs, it was still on the factory ones... holy ****

the problem completely went away after I changed them

https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/spark-plugs-for-1-4-tfsi-caxc-engine.404029/

edit: this model does not have a MAF

Attachments

• IMG-20191012-WA0020.jpeg
    IMG-20191012-WA0020.jpeg
    960.7 KB · Views: 313
  • IMG-20191012-WA0017.jpeg
    IMG-20191012-WA0017.jpeg
    966.8 KB · Views: 292
I had mine changed 2 months ago with my service but I’ll change them just in case thank you