Where did you buy your A3/S3 from?

LexDiamond

I love gooooooooooooold
Reaction score
Did you buy from main dealer, independent garage or private sale?

Just wondering as I'm looking at the moment and there doesn't seem to be much good about unless bought from Audi main dealers.

I bought my S3 private, spotted the ad on Piston heads website.

I looked on Piston Heads but found using Auto Trader good(National Search)

If your willing to travel to find the right car use the NATIONAL search on there and you should be ok ;)

Its also worth your while taking a walk round some of your local garages as often there are cars that havent made the auto trader etc yet.

Bagged mine from an Audi dealer 150 miles from where I live :)

So do you guys think its worth paying the extra to go to Audi? The ones they have seem to be all top condition cars with under 60k on the clock regardless of age (talking of 1.8T's only).

I looked on autotrader (didn't do a national search yet) but they all seem high milers that have one foot in the grave.

Just be patient, the bad cars stick around on auto trader etc for longer, and it can be tempting to jump for the first decent one you see. Wouldnt neccesarily say you should buy from audi as you really pay well over the odds. I'd be prepared to travel a fair distance for a good'un

Just checked and there seems to be a couple of very good ones on there and one or two very tempting ones that look very suspicious.

took me 10 weeks finding mine, then a further 2 getting it - i did go for the rarer quattro 1.8T one though, and wanted it in black, and extras heh

plus when i got it , i got the 2 years free servicing offer back in october, 3 tanks of juice, two new rear tyres, mighty good deal i got

even without those, id of still bought one from audi with Audi fASH, reassurance etc

good things come to those wait ;)

was kind of rushing, went for private

best adice would be to bump buckas, be patient, you wont regret it!

What kind of price do you guys think would be reasonable for an A3 1.8T with FSH, in very good condition and under 40k on the clock?