where are all the S3 3 Doors??

zippster

Reaction score
Hey all

very excited as yesterday i ordered a new S3 in mythos black with the supersport bits and bobs.. i was very surprised when i could get a 3 door version as i didn't realise they made them especially as i don't think I've seen one..

where are they all? are they not popular? personally i love the shape over the 5 door as to me it looks more aggressive..

delivery is in around 10 days (ish) and I've bought it without seeing it!! , lucky my neighbour has a s3 SB and let me have a drive so i know what to expect!

does anyone have any pictures of a mythos black please? and also better shots of the supersport seats?

Thanks in Advance

Andy..

Hey all

very excited as yesterday i ordered a new S3 in mythos black with the supersport bits and bobs.. i was very surprised when i could get a 3 door version as i didn't realise they made them especially as i don't think I've seen one..

where are they all? are they not popular? personally i love the shape over the 5 door as to me it looks more aggressive..

delivery is in around 10 days (ish) and I've bought it without seeing it!! , lucky my neighbour has a s3 SB and let me have a drive so i know what to expect!

does anyone have any pictures of a mythos black please? and also better shots of the supersport seats?

Thanks in Advance

Andy..

Congrats on your order mate :)

If you type S3 hatch mythos into google you'll probably get a few thousand hits at a guess, but there's some on here not sure if Mythos though. Tried Post yer pics?

Reactions: Rob2k68 and pburv
Welcome to the 3dr club!! Tis a very exclusive club!! ;-).

Not mythos.. (i have the best black..panther).. but 3 doors..;-) thank me later...haha

1a1b800de4dc48d7da7da10b81f6fb5f.jpg

215a11a6afc9e1923ddb1678d5a856d0.jpg

Reactions: sjbarneS3, Ghost, Rob2k68 and 4 others
....we pruned...the hedges...of many small villages.

I'm in that club also but I'm ibis white.

Reactions: sjbarneS3, Simon L, Rob2k68 and 2 others
Thanks guys and strangely I have been dredging google images but not having much luck.. Was hoping for some owner pictures..

I've never bought a black car before due to my obsession for detailing and fear I'll spend more time cleaning then driving .. But here goes!!

I also have the mod bug.. So looking for good ideas .. I'll keep you posted and post pics hopefully next week !

Reactions: Rob2k68, Simon L and pburv
Thanks guys and strangely I have been dredging google images but not having much luck.. Was hoping for some owner pictures..

I've never bought a black car before due to my obsession for detailing and fear I'll spend more time cleaning then driving .. But here goes!!

I also have the mod bug.. So looking for good ideas .. I'll keep you posted and post pics hopefully next week !
Your colour choice won't let you down on your detailing obsession...lol
Nice car mate ....We need pictures....:rulez:....lol

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Simon L
Cheeky bum shot haha.

Reactions: Rob2k68, pburv, Simon L and 1 other person
Not an S3... or a Hatch... but it's the right colour at least!

IMG 3744
IMG 3938

Bonnet

Also, @MikeParkin love the black badges!

Reactions: MikeParkin, Rob2k68, pburv and 3 others
0e8fab8c6062e8a43ec277125f21c0ef.jpg

3dr for me as well, I didn't realise they were so rare till I saw the Audi stats about only selling 20,000 world wide

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Reactions: thebluefox, sjbarneS3, Rob2k68 and 2 others
thanks for the updates chaps (especially confirmation of the colour)

I've ordered some PB black hole,EXP sealent and natty wax in preparation for the post dealer waxing ..

im looking at aftermarket panel filter.. (just because i always have changed from the paper filters in the past)

Reactions: Rob2k68, pburv and Max-Robbo
I'm a glacier white 3 door kinda guy also with the ss seats
20160416 142737
1462880455405 1323985740

There's also a video of how the seats move on my YouTube page

Reactions: Simon L, S32B, MikeParkin and 5 others
Another Team Glacier but with spoked wheels.....

Reactions: Rob2k68, MikeParkin, sjbarneS3 and 3 others
loving the seats.. they look like a cobra head :):):)

no black styling pack for me, I'm not a fan of the bat mobile look and hope the little but of chrome trim will add a little contrast..

love the look of the black pack on white though.. looks epic!

Reactions: Rob2k68 and jaypers777
Another member of the 3dr club here. They are quite rare, when I was looking around to buy mine, my local dealership said that for every five new S3 that they sell, only one is a 3dr.
Audi S32

Reactions: Rob2k68, sjbarneS3, pburv and 2 others
You'll be cleaning it every night. Just remember that PB Blackhole fills in and hides swirls but doesn't take them away. I used it a fair bit on my last black car, but once I'd corrected it. If it's paintwork is in excellent condition the PB BH does make the black stand out.
If I were you I'd be trying to get a ceramic sealant on to it. Will stop any sneaky wee swirls appearing. Cquartz Uk is a very reasonably priced one which I have to put on to mine when I can. It'll save you hours of correction time.

Reactions: Rob2k68, pburv and Simon L
I'm in the 3dr Mythos club, also driving supersports too.

Enjoy the car when u get it, it's an awesome machine.

Reactions: Rob2k68, sjbarneS3, Scottyg and 4 others
thanks again guys, useful info regarding the sealant, I'm a little obsessive over cleaning and detailing anyways and quite handy with a DA.. I'm hoping the dealer won't deliver it with swirls but i don't know if it rude asking them not to detail it, so i may just spend the first weekend getting it to where i want it to be paint wise.. Cheers

and Stevie... AWESOME these are the first real pictures i have been able to find to see what mine will look like .. so I'm even more excited now!! :)

Cheers all

Reactions: Rob2k68 and pburv
My 3dr after a little wax on sunday :)
IMG 2624

Reactions: Rob2k68, pburv, Simon L and 1 other person
thanks again guys, useful info regarding the sealant, I'm a little obsessive over cleaning and detailing anyways and quite handy with a DA.. I'm hoping the dealer won't deliver it with swirls but i don't know if it rude asking them not to detail it, so i may just spend the first weekend getting it to where i want it to be paint wise.. Cheers

and Stevie... AWESOME these are the first real pictures i have been able to find to see what mine will look like .. so I'm even more excited now!! :)

Cheers all
You are perfectly within your rights in asking them not to touch your car in the PDI. Especially if you suffer from ocd..lol
Just make it perfectly clear you don't want your car touched by any of the valeting team..(ask in a polite way of course)...
Not sure if @Bristle Hound (moderator) posted up some pics of his car with all the delivery protection still on it??

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Simon L
I did it with mine, all they did was quick it a quick wash and Hoover. Detailed it myself, had a few issues detailing mine even with minimal work from garage it was covered it scratches swirls and a tonne of marks.

i would definitely look into getting some kind of coating applied to minimise swirls, I'm currently looking at Carbon collective products there platinum paint topped with Oracle looks like a good option and a fairly hard surface coating too.

Reactions: Rob2k68
With it being black, I wouldn't let them touch it at all. Take a page out of @Bristle Hound book and tell them not to touch it. They will mark it even without trying.
When I put mine in for service I tell them not to wash or Hoover it and put signs in the car reminding them not too.

Reactions: Bristle Hound, Rob2k68 and glospete
Hey all

Thanks in Advance

Andy..

Reactions: Simon L, Rob2k68, MikeParkin and 1 other person
S3 3dr manual in brilliant red, very rare beast I reckon!
For me the 5dr just doesn't sit right.

Reactions: zippster
I'm gonna be the bigger man here and not be offended that you just edited my girlfriend out haha
You may thank me one day!!! :p You have got to admit though, it does make for a better screen saver without ANY people in it!?!? ;) :) It's a good artistic pic now...go on admit it lol.

Reactions: Simon L and Scottyg
:) 3 doors and tango

Attachments

• IMG_20160422_085905.jpg
    IMG_20160422_085905.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 133
Reactions: rvtb101, daydotz, MikeParkin and 6 others
quick update... still no car.. should be early next week.. pretty sure for my £680 delivery its coming via carrier pigeon :(:(:(

saw my first 3door s3 on the road today.. (black) i was very excited !!

Reactions: AndyB-S3