When inflating the tyres on your A6 do you use the tyre's recommended pressure or Audi's?

I had 38psi lately done on all of my 255/35/19 rubbers by a guy who replaced one of them.

Ive always used whatever pressure is stated on the tire information label, or in the handbook.

The tires themselves are universal fitment across a wide range of makes and models.

Always wanted to follow the correct rule but never checked the handbook. Label on the car didn't have correct tyre size, last I've checked so had rely on tyre fitters.

I would assume it depends on what engine you have. small engines wont need as much front

Tyre pressures are a guide - personal preferece / time of year / temp all are factors. Clearly moving too far from oem spec is a risk but its worth playing around to see what suits your car. Mine is noticibly better with the higher front pressure on the road..

My car sticker shows 245/40/18 biggest.
It is Avant 2.0 and been told by a tyre guy to use even 40psi pressure on all corners.

Will play around with it as you advise.

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll have a look at mine as it does give pressures for 19 inch wheels.
It will probably be a bit different at the front as mine is a V6 TDI, but it should give you an idea and I will give you the 18" pressures so that you can compare with what is on your data label.

Reactions: KrisKrk
From my tyre pressure label (2009 2.7TDI S Line Avant, FWD)
245/40 x 18 FR39, RR 33
255/35 x 19 FR45, RR38

These are for the car half loaded.

Reactions: KrisKrk