Reaction score
ok so this is where im at
agu with 103k new gearbox and cambelt at 90k..fsh ect 1500 quid
full service, 150
007p 120
near front mount bushes, front wishbones, front anti roll bushes ...250 fitted

next month ill have amd stage 1 ..300
knoxies wheels and tyres probli gonna be comin it at 450 all round

coming in at about 2800. for a 14 year old motor.

the thing is, am i going to need fmic, silicone tip/hoses ect or will that be enough for a daily, would like to hear from people running similar stage 1 setups on a3 1.8 t.

not complaining by the way as its enjoyable spending money on this car, becoming a bit of an obsession lol.

anyway what are your thaughts ? thanks for reading

jamie

As above! it really does not end, i brought my s3 with loads done to it thinking i would need to do so much to it, but i have spent £1000 on bits this month and am now skint, i do have something pretty to look at on my drive way tho.lol!

agreed to all. do you all think the stock intercooler will handle a stage 1 cars heat ?

it never ends mate, part of the fun of being an enthusiast,

where you go from here all depends on how far you want to go, you dont need any of the additions if you just want it stage 1mapped, only if you want to go therver

i went in for a stage 1.5 with R-tech because i had a decat, TIP and fmic already fitted,
if i had to pick my 2 best mods it would be the TIP (ebay special about £45) and the decat.

thanks mate, if i got decat, tip and fmic, along with my 007p would tht be enough for stage 2 or would i need a bigger turbo. not no mention better brakes..oo it really does go on and on lol!

mine was just off a stage 2, all that was holding it back was a free flowing exhaust and slightly larger fmic pipes.

you could upgrade to a K03s turbo, i think the AGU had a k03, not sure what gains you can get between the two though

jamie it never ends mate, hunt around on ebay and you will find bargains/cheaper stuff. im running smic at mo and it still holds boost but tappered off a bit this afternoon when it got really hot outside. definately go silicone TIP, made my turbo spin so much quicker. with maximum mods on an agu running standard ko3 you will struggle to break 200bhp. k03s with same mods you will be over 220 with ease. like i said to u on facebook once im sorted again with a job i will be saving to go k04 and do it properly. just decide what you want power wise, what the car is being used for and what budget. But from my experience you will always want more power. save up and go ko4...............................

agreed to all. do you all think the stock intercooler will handle a stage 1 cars heat ?
it will work to some extent, no doubt about that.
if you go to a good tuner they will map to take into account the standard cooler.
but you will alllways see high intake temps, which arent the best. hence why, modding never stops, with each mod you find another weak link, and let me tell you, there are **** LOADS of links
all the best