When are we getting GT4?

EdHall

Reaction score
Does anyone know when GT4 will be available? I was told the end of the year. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif

14th December apparently. It should have been on the shelves by now, but I think it's a case of clever marketing. Not a bad Christmas present if you know what I mean.

Drew.

Considering the original UK release date was the 26th of December 2003 I suppose its only a year late. Oh and they've removed the network play feature so you can't race against your mates on the internet.

You can't play against people over the internet but you can connect several ps2s together and play multiplayer that way. The new version of the ps2 (which is much smaller) has built in ethernet support which would be used for this purpose.

Can't wait for it to come out. As long as it has the S3, I'll be rushing out to buy one as soon as it is released.

Apparently they will be releasing a full online version later next year, either as a whole new game, or a backup disc.

Should be worth the wait, either way!

Drew.

I read the date for the UK had been pushed back to Feb 2005.
With US and Japan any time now... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Leddy said:
How is the PS2 online? I hear it's a shambles.

[/ QUOTE ]
What do you mean? That's not my experience.

[ QUOTE ]
scoTTy said:
[ QUOTE ]
Leddy said:
How is the PS2 online? I hear it's a shambles.

[/ QUOTE ]
What do you mean? That's not my experience.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Sony network connection is very slow, from what I was told.

Ps2 connection is no slower than xbox its a 100 meg lan cat45 connection. It must have been the internet connection you were using.!

Forza racing on the xbox is (apparently) going to blow GT4 away.

I like GT series, this made a benchline for future racing games. What would be nice is a combined XBOX - PS2 online link so that we could all race against each other.....

But we know that ain't going to happen

Myself and my mate played PS2 online and we had no lag at all. He does have 3meg broadband though! Maybe we just got lucky with no lag. I know it does and can happen on anything. Get it all the time playing PC games online!

I have 750kb and never had any lag plus PS2 on line is free whereas (IIRC) Xbox charges.

I believe the PS2 online lag is to do with the fact that it still supports dial-up connections whereas Xbox Live is broadband only.

Latest UK release date for GT4 (the reason I bought I PS2) is 25th February AFAIK.

Yep thats the one and what looks like photo realistic graphics its going to be amazing! Can't wait! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif

GT4 won't have on-line functionality when it's launched. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Went into Game today and they said they have still no word on its release.

The guy even said there are rumours floating about that it is going to be the first game on the PS3!!

[ QUOTE ]
scoTTy said:
GT4 won't have on-line functionality when it's launched. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats ****** then! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Oh thats good then.
I hate when things are put back.
You would think they would have wanted it out for crimbo and for when the slim PS2 came out so they could have done a package which had the console and the game.

YES I have to buy PS2 as well cause sold my old one to my m8 whos on dole so he has something to do other than find a job.../ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

i want it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif but i cant cos i have a xbox /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif
saw a demo in currys a few weeks back and the graphics look amazing! i hope u all enjoy it, im going to have to find a friend with a ps2....

cheers tony

i no what your sayin cj thats what i said when i bought my xbox along time ago when it was £300 odd, maybe i should be a cheapskate and have a look on ebay! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Yeah Tony go for it man you know you wanna....you can always sell it for 80 quid if you dont like it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif

Those knowledgeable chaps at my local Game store reckon the release date is 18th March /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif and offered to reserve one for me - no strings attached... ebay here I come. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Put back to the 11th march.......this is taking forever!!

My mate has just called me to say he has just got his hands on a jap version of GT4, he reckons the graphics are good, but the gameplays lacking, prefers Burnout 3 basically - I shall have to pay him a visit - B@stard!

Dont say that i'd rather have bad graphics and great gameplay! Then again the Jap version will be different to the european version......Hopefully!

a balance in game play is everything.

Im not one for driving games really but I may see if I can grab a torrent on release and hook up with you guys online play from my PC (if its due out on PC?).

if you mod your PS2 with a matrix chip or simular you can get hold of a copy from newage consoles. They offer loads of great deals on imported games.

Check them out as they have GT4 in stock JAP.

http://www.newageconsoles.com/

It's not march 24th now is it!!!!arhhhhh!!

Well by all accounts lets hope they are making it better than the Jap version i would rather wait a little longer and get a fantastic game than it be rushed and just get a good game!

release date is now March 9th ..... just keeps getting further away /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Good news guys... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

THE BIGGEST UPDATE OF 'EM ALL ****** 1st Feb******* GTPLANET.net EXCLUSIVE

SCEE release towards new features in PAL release of GT4. Please, if you are using this info for other sites do make a propper source validation. Thank you.

---- BEGINS -----

Some info about the Optimization of GT4 for the PAL version:
List of the 12 extra cars that have been added....

MAZDA 2005 MX-Crossport
Mitsubishi 2005 New Eclipse
Volkswagen 2004 Golf R32(winner car of SEMA show 2005 - tuning car)
AUDI 2003 Nuvolari quattro
AUDI 2003 Pikes Peak quattro
Chrysler 2005 300C
Alfa Romeo 2004 Alfa GT
Auto Union 1937 V16 Type C Streamliner
Chaparral 1967 2D
Chaparral 1970 2J
JAGUAR 1988 XJR9
Peugeot 1992 905B Evo 1 Bis LM

(notice: few new car renders attached in the end of this post)

The game is optimised for PAL because it is full speed, full screen with the high refresh rate of a PAL TV at 50hz but with the maximum number of lines and resolution that a PAL TV supports.

An NTSC screen is 240 lines so the image is lower quality. A PAL screen is 256 lines, so the cars and tracks look better.

Because the game is optimised for PAL - it is 50 frames per second and 256 lines in full PAL resolution.

It does not need a 50/60 switch because the PAL version is optimised to work in PAL.

A 50/60 switch is normally put in when the PAL version is non-optimised.

The whole physics engine and crucially the speed of the cars - is rebuilt for PAL so that all together the PAL version will be the highest quality version of the game.

Extra Features for PAL:

- 2 player split-screen VS play using own memory cards, players' own garage ()

- When making a pit-stop you can now change from A Spec to B Spec or the opposite. ()

- Jack Knife Lee remix of Kasabian "Reason is Treason" has been remixed into Dolby 5.1 and used in a recut intro movie, which still features the Opera music opening sequence.

- Icons have been added such as "next licence test" to make navigation easier

- The map of GTWorld has been modified to make European cars easier to find.

- Ability to import data from GT4: Prologue - instantly clear first two licence test catgories / GT3 import a maximum of 100,000 credits (credits changed to Euro system)

- European units of measurement for power, speed and torque (MPH, KMH, BHP, PS etc)

- Additional artwork for opening up courses and stylistic enhancements throughout

- Replays now show car name/ BHP figure/ tyre setup (amar212s' comment: I see this as a great way to find out opponent's HP in races of certain championship, just by looking the "race preview" video. Great addition.)

- European music tracks set as default , but all others from American or Japanese version of the game are available.

- Vauxhall included as seperate manufacturer with 2 dream race cars

- 12 Extra cars added as listed above.

---ENDS ----

more info at:

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=53872