1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice
  1. Pro-cookie

Pro-cookie Member Team Dolphin Grey S-line owners group quattro Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group TDi Manual

Would 19 inch alloys from a 2013 A6 c6 fit my 2007 A4 B7? Or would the pitch and offset be completely wrong? They are the original Audi alloys the A6 sline had.

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Ricky Burrows

Ricky Burrows Well-Known Member TeamMisano TFSI Owners Group S-line owners group saloon Audi A4 Manual

If there the le mans style wheel then yes they will for but the offset is high, id recommend a wheel spacer I'm sure the offset is 45 but ideally you want to being that down to 35ish to have a nice flush fit so take into count money for some hubcentric wheel spacers and longer bolts, just be careful as most spacers come with tapered bolts as its an oem wheel you need radius.

4. Just Rob.

Just Rob. Moderator Staff Member Moderator Regional Rep Team Daytona Team Brilliant Black TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter VCDS Map User S-line owners group quattro Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group Manual

They will be the same width as mine so , 8.5j x19" with an offset of ET45.
    You will be requiring spigot rings as they are not the same size centre bore as A4 B7 platform.
    when buying spacers just remember to factor in you are going from an 8j 18" to a 8.5j 19" as it will be relavant.

5. Ricky Burrows

Ricky Burrows Well-Known Member TeamMisano TFSI Owners Group S-line owners group saloon Audi A4 Manual

Id go for 10mm spacer bring it down to 35et for an 8.5j :icon thumright: 15mm spacers and lowered will more than likely rub unless you drop tyre width sizes or do arch work.

6. Just Rob.

Just Rob. Moderator Staff Member Moderator Regional Rep Team Daytona Team Brilliant Black TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter VCDS Map User S-line owners group quattro Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group Manual

A4 B7 has 57.1 centre bore ,to use A6 alloys you'll need 66.6 mm spigots .

7. Just Rob.

If you want to see what they will look like , checkout some of my recent pics.
    I'm running the same wheels , size speedlines .
    with 235/35 19" tyres and 5mm spacer front and 8mm rear , works out to be approx. F et32 / R et29

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
  8. Ricky Burrows

You not getting any rubbing on the front with et29? I used to have a very slight rub in front with et35 and it’s relatively low.

9. UisT4

UisT4 Member Team Avus Silver TFSI Owners Group S-line owners group Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group Manual

I put alloys from a B8 S4 on my car, they are ET43 and 8.5J, A6 alloys are either ET43 or ET45 so they should fit ok.
    Like Rob said you'll need spigot rings as the centre bore is larger, and also 235 width tyres instead of 255 on the A6. I don't have spacers and no issues with rubbing etc

10. Just Rob.

I've got that about face ricky.
    My rears are ET29 the fronts are ET32...no rubbing on the front now , rears still a bit on one side but pretty sure its the liner to blame.

11. Ricky Burrows

Yeah i was surprised as were running the same size wheels my rears need to come out another 5mm to make them 30et but I've put it on hold until i figure out whats going on with the wide arches and how I'm going to tackle it may just get the 5’s for now though? Ohh the choices and dilemmas...

12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. Pro-cookie

Pro-cookie Member Team Dolphin Grey S-line owners group quattro Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group TDi Manual

Ok does anyone on here have any 19inch rotar’s that would fit mine that you are willing to sell? I really do like the look of rotar’s on the avant.

14. Ricky Burrows

I have some in decent condition

15. Just Rob.

why the change?
    you'll have the same issues what ever you go with unless it is specific A4 B7 fitment and offset.
    Spigot ring are only a few pounds .

16. maxdrz400

maxdrz400 Active Member

If you do decide to go down the spacer route I bought some hubcentric spacers from ebay, seller was called watfieldslimited. The spacers are £38 and come with the correct length wheel bolts with a radius head, the whole lot Is really nice quality for the money, and they are next day delivery too.
    Just to clarify I have no relationship with the seller and purely writing a review!
    Hope you get something sorted

Just Rob. likes this.
  17. Ricky Burrows

There genuine 19” black edition rotors with tyres cant remember how great they tyres are though but if your interested pm me.

Pro-cookie likes this.
  18. Pro-cookie

Ok will these fit if I get spigot rings? They are con-caved don’t know if that makes a difference with the offset? And is 35et going to be ok?

Attached Files:

19. maxdrz400

maxdrz400 Active Member

Should do, im sure Rob or someone more knowledgeable will be along shortly.
    But csnt see why they wont, my wheels are et46(dont ask) and I've just put a 15mm spacer on which makes it et31 and they sit nicely

20. Just Rob.

On paper they will but you will need spigot rings to reduce the centre bore down to B7 diameter.
    ET35 is a good offset for the B7 , probably one of the safest if you want more than the 0em ET43.
    A pic would be good really , just be carefull they will clear your front calipers as even the oem calipers can be problematic and catch on the inner edges of alloys.

21. Pro-cookie

Off set really confuses me with wheels it’s the only reason I have never bought different wheels for any of my cars. Problem is I need to get some as the wheels on mine are buckled so as you can imagine doesn’t make for a nice drive. I figured if I’m going to get new wheels then I’d like to go up a size to 19 but then widths change and so does off set. Then you get some people saying use this off set then others saying no don’t do that, it just batters my head :tired:

22. Just Rob.

Don't forget they are an 8.5j so 12mm wider overall than your oem 8j alloys, so an 8.5j et35 will be 6mm closer to the wheel arch than a 8j et35 working on a like for like offset calculation.
    they will be a nice fit , but just make sure with the front caliper clearance as it can be a spanner in the works , (been there and know all about it).
    Also 235/35 19 tyres will be best size.

23. Just Rob.

Offset is very easy once you grasp how it works.

Basically for most cars the higher the number the more inboard the wheel is positioned, and the lower more outboard .
    So oem on a b7 with 18" 8j alloys is ET43 , if you went to a 8.5j still on et43 it would be 6mm wider each side , things get a bit more complicated as the 6mm that has been added to the outer edge has the same effect as adding a 6mm spacer.

Even though its still an et43 , the extra outside 6mm has the same effect now as fitting a ET 37 as the rim outsid eedge has moved out 6mm more than the oem rim, but you will also have that 6mm on the inside edge which is unlikelky to be an issue.

So that in mind the alloys you are looking at are ET35 so will be approx. 8mm further out to start with which is fine, but as its an 8.5j rim you need to add that 6mm on each side.
    As we know inside edge on ET35 wont be an issue a benefit really but you need to factor in that 6mm on the outer rim edge aswell.
    What you will end up with is a rim that is closer to based on wheel arch placement to ET30 approx, which is still ok , but you'll need 235/35 rubber on them.

24. Just Rob.

In short terms the alloy itself will stick out 14mm more than your current oem alloy wheel, plus the tyre sidewall .

25. Pro-cookie

Ok thanks for that. I’m a mechanically minded guy but for some reason off sets have never sunk in and from that explanation I just kind of glazed over lol. It’s bizarre it just won’t go in so I’m trying now to find second hand rims that are exactly the same as what I have then I can’t screw it up :tearsofjoy:

26. Pro-cookie

If any of you have the Le Mans style ones with that et 43 without buckles and your looking to sell let me know. Cheers