wheels sitting at different offset in rear arches- one wheel rubbing arch

pablo

Reaction score
So I bought some new wheels (OEM A8 wheels) and fitted them yesterday. get a little scrubbing on the drivers side rear so had a look and the drivers side wheel sits further out than the passenger side. Camber looks similar on both sides.

Is there anything mechanical that can be off to cause this? And subsequently allow it to be fixed.

My only other thought is that the car is bent but would rather not go there.

Talking about 10mm of difference Id say. Surprised its rubbing as its only 8" ET47 vs 7.5" ET54 so around 13mm less offset than the std wheels.

Cheers all.

yup they are the same. Actually ET48.

i have them alloys A8 sport on my S3. they shouldn't rub at the back mate. check your alignment.

is there anything alignment wise that would affect that? Toe and camber *look* about the same both sides.

swap them side to side to see it the rub moves with the wheels.

defo not the wheels I measured from the brake disc to the spoke of the wheel and identical both sides. There is some loose trim on the rubbing side I think thats causing the rubbing but the wheel does defo sit out a bit further than the other one. no doubt about it.

might swap them anyway just for my own sanity. Im holding off an alignment until I decide what Im going to do suspension wise.

i had rubbing problems with 18 x 8 43 offset alloys, then i went to get an alignment done and can't remember but camber or toe was negative one side. they adjusted it and there was no rubbing but with offset 48 (A8 alloys) i never had any problems with.

think Ill try an alignment then and see. cheers :)