Wheels / Rims - Sizing and Spacer Advice

NME

Reaction score
not sure but i have a set of rotiform blq finnished in graphite gray right up your street ?

Offset works the opposite way from what you think it would - a low offset sticks out further, a high offset sits in further.

Therefore a 35, will stick further out than a 45, not further in, so no, you don't want a spacer with the 35s

As said mate spacers only take away from the ET as in ET45 with 10mm spacer becomes ET35! But I've seen A3/S3's run ET35, they have a but much poke for me though

I'm currently Runnin ET50 BBS CH 18 with 10mm spacer on mine. I've had to take the screw out in the arch to stop rubbing. so I wouldn't want to go any lower than ET40.

Saying that.. I'm sure suspension also has something to do with it...

Yeah, N8, there are a few options out there at the moment, and I'm keeping an eye on them!

Thanks for the info guys, helps to know what the crack is with wheels and how they fit. Did a bit of reading before, and just got my wires crossed on the distance increase vs. decrease.

So, what do you guys reckon is the lowest ET you can run without ANY rubbing issues on my car then?

it depends on the width of the wheel and the size of the tyre

Yeh it depends, you can run 9J and ET41, i.e. Speedline/Bentley width/offset but you need to be running a 215 like so:

11.jpg

Maybe 18"s are different, but Mikey's A3 with Bentleys and 225s rubbed like............

bitch-pink-horn-poster.jpg

He was all the way down on weitecs as well -65mm

Must be down to the 19's, because mine only catch on real big compressions and I am 5mm off the bottom on FK's, either that or he was lower than me.........which I very much doubt!

I am gonna try 19's soon to see how they sit

Must be down to the 19's, because mine only catch on real big compressions and I am 5mm off the bottom on FK's, either that or he was lower than me.........which I very much doubt!

I am gonna try 19's soon to see how they sit