wheels opinion?

S.

Save the manuals
Reaction score
hi...i'm thinking of getting some bbs rs710 18x8,5 5x112 et35 for my s3. what do you think? will they suit the car? will they fit? plan is to lower the car as i have set of kw v3's and whiteline antilift's waiting for a better weather to get them fitted :beerchug:.
66_789504186.jpg

+1 they will suit your car very well i think as said if the et is right go for it bbs wheels + vag cars just look right

ET is wrong wrong wrong! Needs to be at least ET45

Unfortunately BBS dont make them in the A3/S3 fitment hence why you dont see any on!

Cant stand em, ruin the S3 look IMHO

i was asking myself EXACTLY the same question recently... ET35 is far too low. they'll stick out a mile and won't look right.

i've seen a set for the Audi A8 that will fit 18x8 ET43, part number 4DO 601 025AC. they're £650 each from Audi without centre caps. i've found a set on eBay for £650 all in and recently refurbished. they come with tyres but realistically all 4 tyres are useless. (1 is a bargain basement tyre, the other 3 are not the right size and worn)

bear in mind it is VERY HARD for me to give you this info because i really want the wheels myself, i just can't afford 'em :(. oh well, i'm happy with my Pescaras lol.

Ok, lets just clear this. THE WHEELS WILL FIT.

A Bentley wheel is 9J ET41

The RS710 is 8.5J ET35

Work it out peeps, this wheel will sit exactly the same (on the outside edge) as a Bentley wheel.

if you dont believe me then look here

Wheel Offset Calculator

if you still dont believe me then look at these pics

This is my car running 9J ET 42 with 225/35 tyres (see no poke :yes:)
d5914ddf.jpg

Tony's S3 running 8.5J ET35 Rotiform's

S3rotiform.jpg

Dan's S3 running 8.5J ET35 TD 1.3's with 225/40 R888's

DanS32.jpg

Think that shows that the wheels will fit :laugh:

thanks Ian! now after seeing those pics i think they could look perfect once lowered!

Ok, lets just clear this. THE WHEELS WILL FIT.

A Bentley wheel is 9J ET41

The RS710 is 8.5J ET35

Work it out peeps, this wheel will sit exactly the same (on the outside edge) as a Bentley wheel.

if you dont believe me then look here

Wheel Offset Calculator

if you still dont believe me then look at these pics

This is my car running 9J ET 42 with 225/35 tyres (see no poke :yes:)
d5914ddf.jpg

Tony's S3 running 8.5J ET35 Rotiform's

S3rotiform.jpg

Dan's S3 running 8.5J ET35 TD 1.3's with 225/40 R888's

DanS32.jpg

Think that shows that the wheels will fit :laugh:

Hmm I guess I still don't understand this offset stuff... oh well thanks for clearing that up.

Hmm I guess I still don't understand this offset stuff... oh well thanks for clearing that up.

No problem fella. It will be tight on the front for sure, but it will still work. The back will be fine.

Just spotted this thread after much searching I've got a set of these going on Saturday offset is 32 rather than 35 though I'm concerned now there going to sit further out than Tony's rotiforms in the pic below :-S will this be ok?