wheels for track...

ja3mie

A3 1.8t Quattro Sport!
Reaction score
hey people, looking for some track wheels.. not looking to spend crazy money though!

has anyone fitted 15's to an a3? or is 16 about the smallest you can go?

any pics of the wheels you use would be great :) cheers

i was looking for 15's or 16's really. i have always found smaller wheels better.. get some with a decent width and they handle great and being smaller the acceleration is improved too.

opinions on this? :)

Hmmm, brake clearance issues, speedo wayyyy out, lower top end. Looks silly lol. But those wheels i suggested are so widely available in loads of sizes new and used.
Also, with that size youl have/need a higher profile tire, giving you more sidewall flex = less stability and feel, so less grip

Last edited:
They are seriously cool! If you really are serious about the track driving i think track tires I.e.888's or similar, have a stiffer side wall to combat sidewall flex in smaller wheel more high profile sizes

thing is i need to keep it road legal too! i got a trackday on the 28th of this month. its totally standard apart from..

DV30, smoothed/drilled air box, mintex brakes and stripped out!

should be a laugh! lol

and i have pirelli p6000's at the minute, that squeals like mad and understeers at the slighest sight of water! ha

I run Compomotive MO's on my Cordy - nice and light and very strong, with R888s in 195/50/15.

If you are going to do a few then making a sensible choice re size of tyre is key. Pick something in a strange size and you're going to be paying double the cost per corner.

Last edited: