Wheels for B5 Avant

JordanG97

Reaction score
Looking to change my wheels at the end of this month, just looking for some help and inspiration. Thinking of getting some genuine BBS CH's if I can find a decent used set, will these fit?

Mines on CH reps, too much money in real ones:

2017-04-23%2010.13.04.jpg

Mine are 18x8, ET42, with a 12mm spacer on the rear and 235/40r18's.

The genuine ones are 18x8.5 and ET35, which i dont think is going to fit as nicely either

Mines on CH reps, too much money in real ones:

2017-04-23%2010.13.04.jpg

Mine are 18x8, ET42, with a 12mm spacer on the rear and 235/40r18's.

The genuine ones are 18x8.5 and ET35, which i dont think is going to fit as nicely either
They look spot on mate! Love the colour as well. Bit scared of reps after some horror stories online.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I've always run genuine Audi wheels, but i wanted something a bit more aggressive. I was initially trying to find some Compomotive MO6's, but those are like rocking horsepoop. Cant go wrong with CH's and those reps looked good and had a decent dish on them.

I ran reps on my BMW and had no issue so thaught i'd just go for it. They came from CM Wheels and they have a decent reputation on the BMW forums.

Might consider some decent reps then. Never fitted bigger wheels on a car so widths, ETs, tyre sizes and general fitment does get a bit confusing. Cheers for the help.

It's an awesome wheel. End of the month can't come soon enough! Pictures of any other Avants with different wheels would be cool.

Just wondering if these wheels would fit fine? Previously fitted to a MK5 golf if that helps. Thanks.
b87bebd3dd4a0d9938fd139740afe3ef.jpg

Also would 19 inch Audi Rotors fit? Think 19 inch would be pushing it but they look great.

depends on your definition of "fine". They will squeeze on, with silly stretched tyres, and will probably have some level of scene "poke". But for me thats not really fitting fine, thats not fitting!

the 19" rotors again might go on, but it depends on size and offset, and i think theres a few versions.

Realistically 8J is the widest wheel that comfortably fits. 8.5 can just about squeeze on but the tyres end up slightly stretched. 9 or 9.5 is really getting too much and you end up having to fit undersize tyres as 235 is about the widest you can go on a B5.

Reactions: JordanG97
That's a no from me then, not into stretch or poke or camber, cheers for letting me know! Might see about 18 inch rotors/reps or stick with the CH reps as planned. Thanks again for the help.