Wheels - do A5 & A4 have the same set up?

AU11 ALS

Reaction score
I'm bidding on some wheels that fit well on an A5 but want them for our A4 Avant

Is the offset and fitment the same across both models, they are 20" x 10.5j and won't be cheap so I want to get right!

No, A4 wheels will fit A5 if you use spacers, A5 will rub on A4 arches.

Really? I was hoping it would be the other way

Does anyone have a calculator that can work this out for me, wheels are 20" x 10.5j et30

Cheers

Standard A4 wheels:
8J x 18; ET 47 245/40 R18 93Y
8.5J x 19; ET 43 255/35 R19 96Y
put this into wheel calculator website and see how the A5 wheels look.....

I have the A5 19" Y spoke alloys on my A4 and there have been no issues. I will be lowering on coilovers soon as well.

They will rub like hell on an A4 10.5j et30, I have 10j et27 and they rub like no tomorrow too lol but there are ways of making them fit better if you are willing to spend some coin

3.3mm further out than mine so yes they will rub definitely, top pic is mine compared to your wanted set up and the bottom pics are mine with max camber on too, and they don't stick out as far as the ones you are wanting.

I have the A5 19" Y spoke alloys on my A4 and there have been no issues. I will be lowering on coilovers soon as well.

Which size rim and offset? 8.5J 32mm offset? Using the willtheyfit website to compare against A4 18" wheels.......

Compared to your existing wheel, this new wheel will have an inner rim which is 8.7mm further away from the suspension strut.The outer rim will poke out 21.4mm more than before.

Last edited:
I doubt that 20x10.5" will fit without a lot of issues, although depends on the offset!

I have 19x9" et29 with 255/35/19 tyres. Front are fine don't rub although do poke out a bit but the backs do rub a little on bumps and with weight in the back.
The back sits nearly flush though, maybe the tyre pokes out a bit..
Might go to 245/35/19 to give a bit more room.
It rubs the lip that's on the arch liner not the metal arch itself if that helps.

Attachments

• IMAG2591.jpg
    IMAG2591.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 462
  • IMAG2592.jpg
    IMAG2592.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 957
Installed tyre width is influenced by the rim width, so a 245 will not necessarily be 10mm thinner than a 255.
Also different manufacturers tyres of the same size are a different width when installed on the same rim.

Yes on a 10.5" rim they might flatten out more so not the same effective width as on 9" rim.
I know, have seen some brands that naturally have a wider or narrower width profile than others with the same size.
Plus the sidewall will be a touch shorter, I.e. 35% of 245 rather than 35% off 255, probably only a few mm's but every little helps!

The tyres are virtually shot anyway so need changing as they are so worth a try see if it will give a touch more room under there.

SI-W85- your car makes mine look like its on stilts even with the s-line suspension! Need to lower mine a touch to make it sit better.

Reactions: SI-W85
Well decided to withdraw the bid :( Wheels and tyres went for 1.3k original purchase cost over 3k! They were Vossen too... But couldn't take the risk they wouldn't fit...

Oh well something else will come up! :) Getting the existing rotors cleaned and treated with c5 for the time being...