Wheels and tyre question!

Chris Sage

Reaction score
Hope everyone is doing well in the lockdown!

Probably been asked a thousand times but, I’ve seen a set of 19” rotors for my avant.

I’m nearly pressing the buy button but thought I’d double check!

Currently running 18” standard sline wheels in picture (cant remember the sizing)
New wheels 19” 43et 8.5j with 255 x 35 tyres.

Will they fit with that tyre or will I be looking to change tyres aswell?

Any recommendations?
e3ba41061f837923875eb77a6020953f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably been asked a thousand times but, I’ve seen a set of 19” rotors for my avant.

Currently running 18” standard sline wheels in picture (cant remember the sizing)

Any recommendations?

Presumably your current tyres are 235x40? I think
New wheels will have lower profile tyres so you’ll end up about same overall diameter
Out of interest by how much is yours lowered front and rear (looking to do mine)

Any recommendations?

https://www.willtheyfit.com

Presumably your current tyres are 235x40? I think
New wheels will have lower profile tyres so you’ll end up about same overall diameter
Out of interest by how much is yours lowered front and rear (looking to do mine)

Looks like I was a bit hasty there
If my tyre guess was right the new ones are 16mm bigger overall diameter

Best size on 8.5j 19” alloys on B7 is 235/35 19, it has the almost identical overall diameter etc as the oem 18” with 235/40 18” rims.

Id defiantly look at changing the tyres I'm more than sure with et43 and a 255 your be rubbing on the suspension ideally on a 19x8.5 you want to be around the 30-35 offset mark for a flush look with 235 35's with no issue of rubbing on the suspension.

By no means am I saying its impossible to run a 255 but if your looking at a bolt on with no issues with that et and the tyre size your looking at your end up have issues that your need spacers and a decent amount of arch work to get them in possibly some camber as well, especially if your lowered.

Thanks for the responses unfortunately the chap went quiet!

Still on the hunt for some new wheels!

What are you looking for?
I’m about to sell my oem 19” alloys.

I have a cheap set of OEM genuine Special Edition double spokes that need refurb if you want to replace the replicas

I’m looking for 19s which I’m open to style, I quite like oem options!

I will be parting company with my oem 19" lemans very shortly, well when I've found a replacement set that fit that is.
19" 8.5j ET43 , prof refurbed last june, just a thought really as you didn't mention any specific style etc.

Just realised they are what you have now, just in 19" dia and 8.5j width , that said the 19" B8 ones I have do look much better than the 18" B7 rims.

Just realised they are what you have now, just in 19" dia and 8.5j width , that said the 19" B8 ones I have do look much better than the 18" B7 rims.

They will look a lot better for sure! Are you selling with tyres? I’m tempted with something different and using mine as a winter set.

I think you'll find it's the same style as you have now, the mk2 special edition came fitted with the 18" lemans style alloys .
There are subtle differences, particularly on the lip/edge and of course the stamps and part no in the back

There are subtle differences, particularly on the lip/edge and of course the stamps and part no in the back
There are several versions depending on platform and variant, I've tried a few myself before going with the B8 ones which are nice.

Vee10
Vee11
Vee12
Vee13

Unfortunately the jump from 18's to 19's doubles the price of my choice of Michelins, so I'm happy enough with standard size

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Unfortunately the jump from 18's to 19's doubles the price of my choice of Michelins, so I'm happy enough with standard size

Agreed, tyre prices do jump up a fair bit , I don't do the miles so its less of an issue for me these days.

Coming from the Mercedes on 19's with 285's on the rear its cheap in comparison to the 235's which is good as I seem to go through tyres an awful lot for some reason.