wheel weight and vehicle load rating

cam87

Reaction score
hi guys, i have a question for a wheel guru. I think i already know the answer but just want confirmation really.

the vin plate on this car says

1960kg

1- 1050 kg
2- 0960 kg

the wheels say max 570kg on the inside of the rim.

Im right in thinking 1 means front axle weight and 2 means rear axle weight and the front wheels are 570kg max each so that would cover each axle easily due to a combined maximum load of 1140 KG. Right?

thanks for the responses :)

I think lines 1&2 are the max weight allowed (max loading) on the front and rear axles respectively.

Remember, these are just static loads.

Braking a fully loaded car from 155mph on the Autobahn will produce dynamic loads far higher than static loads, which is why you see tyres fitted (eg 92Y XL) in excess of the rated static loads of the car.

Thanks for the reply. so since the car weighs 1360 kg give or take and the four wheels take 2280 kg max load, i would be right in thinking they are fine or normal driving?

Assuming you're not towing, the heaviest axle that each wheel would have to support statically, is 1050/2 kg.

So your 570kg load rated wheels would be fine. I hope they are TuV approved.

(The load rating does sound a little light to me, for example, a particular RS4 Alloy is load rated to 740kg.)

thanks for the reply :)

yeah they are oz racing ultraleggera wheels and are fitted on my mk7 golf r. i believe they have all the approvals including TuV
No i wont be towing anything, most of the time its only me in the car

Reactions: veeeight