Wheel Weight Adhesive Remover?

GjrBartlett

Morning All,

Rather ashamedly for the first time in quite a while, spent yesterday scrubbing my front alloys whilst removed off the car, although they've come up rather well, I can't seem to remove the wheel weight adhesive left from previous wheel weights fitted.

Any suggestions on the best stuff to use?

Thanks...

GjrBartlett

Cheers all,

Just purchased 1L of Autosmart Tardis off eBay for £7.99, so hopefully get that early next week.

Then I'll attack the rears, including painting my rear Calipers (Satin Black) & Guards (Satin Silver).

GjrBartlett

smokeymike

I had a tyre repaired last week and used Autoglym Intensive tar remover. You need to spray it on and leave it for 30 seconds to soften the glue then scrape it with an old credit card or plastic scraper. You will need to repeat this a few times but it does come away without leaving any mark. Make sure the wheel is rotated so the old weight adhesive is at the ground level. If it runs into your new balance weights they might fall off!

GjrBartlett

GjrBartlett

Stands out like a ginger in a playground .

Can't say I agree with you (Or quite a few others would either) on that! Its all about personal preference.

GjrBartlett

Gazwould

People always show the freshly painted new silver look .

When 6 months later and brake dust addled is the reality .

GjrBartlett

Its amazing what lacquer & a regular wash routine can do!

SPIKE_JCW

Vorsprung durch Technik
also what alloy wheel cleaner makes a difference.
I recently got some Valet Pro Bilberry Wheel cleaner - I think it is great. I'm just sorry I didn't get it a lot sooner.

GjrBartlett

I recently got some Valet Pro Bilberry Wheel cleaner - I think it is great. I'm just sorry I didn't get it a lot sooner.

Likewise mate, got some myself recently, just working through the remains of my old stuff (Sonax) before i crack the Bilberry open...

Bulldog

@GjrBartlett billberry is a great product for wheels but since fitting my 20's & coating them with Gtechniq C5 I haven't had to use a wheel cleaner only a jet wash & normal shampoo & they come up perfect.