Wheel/spring upgrade S4 Avant

S4BRE TOOTH

Reaction score
I have my heart set on a set of Vorsteiner VFF 102 and either Eibach or ED springs.
Set up would be 20” x 9” or maybe even a staggered set up with slightly wider rears. I’d like to lower it around 20mm.

Anybody here with an S4 who has a similar set up? Is it still reasonably compliant? Any rubbing issues going wider than 9” at the rear?

I was on the ABT website and on their configurator they mention if lowering or changing wheel diameter, various systems may need to be recalibrated eg. Radar cruise control, auto emergency braking etc. Anybody needed this done?

I have the standard 19” wheels with 12mm spacers (so 19x8.5j et28 equivalent) and have the Eibach pro-kit (20mm drop I think) and have no issues. Don’t know if that fully helps but hopefully gives you some numbers to play with.

d3ba1e9e82d13aa1f8141d321ec09cbf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s much the same to be honest. Little stiffer but not much. Rolls less though. They’re variable rate springs from Eibach so most of the comfort is kept but they’re stiffer than stock when really loaded up through a corner.

And they work ok with the adaptive dampers?

And they work ok with the adaptive dampers?

Yeah, no issues at all once on. They’re just a bit more of a mission to actually install.

One thing though-DEFINITELY get a wheel alignment done ASAP after. Although most of my past cars have been fine after lowering, the B9 seems to react pretty badly so needs to be checked out after for sure otherwise you’ll likely chew through your tyres in a couple thousand miles.

Another post of the car with the springs on. With standard wheels and the winter setup.

e52cf07b1a286b78a2474fc40f7421c7.jpg

dc0b44e7b9865f6b5c0f70f1eb9ab293.jpg

First impressions are that they’re very compliant, definitely no stiffer in regular driving. In dynamic when the dampers stiffen up and you throw it into a corner it’s flatter for sure.

And it looks cool.