Wheel spacers?

soldier4313

A4 Avant B9 2.0 Tdi
Reaction score
Anyone tried fitting spacers yet?

I have got a pair of H&R 10mm and 15mm and neither fit due to the venture of the hub sticking out to far, a problem I had with my B7. Any one come across any that fit?

H&R have released the new ones. Check Wize1972 on YouTube. Guy I know in Switzerland has just lowered and fitted spacers to his B9 Avant. Looks how it should. I'll be following suit on my S4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: soldier4313
Just put that in a search on YouTube. Comes straight up.

Watch out, in his latest video he reports that with the 15mm spacers his tyres are touching the inner wheel arches!!!

He finishes by saying he will try 10mm spacers or remove them completely.

Reactions: Thundercliffe81
Watch out, in his latest video he reports that with the 15mm spacers his tyres are touching the inner wheel arches!!!

He finishes by saying he will try 10mm spacers or remove them completely.

Yeah I speak to Wize quite a bit on Instagram. I was considering this set up. He does say though that, the issue only arises with 4 people in the car and full boot. Worth noting. Does look a damn sight better though.

I have managed to get H&R 10mm to fit on the front and the rear so all is good

Hi, I'm the guy with the spacers issue :)
I've been told that 10mm doesn't exist for the A4 b9... I've orders the 14.5mm and I'll figure out if it works

Envoyé de mon SM-G935F en utilisant Tapatalk

Hi, I'm the guy with the spacers issue :)
I've been told that 10mm doesn't exist for the A4 b9... I've orders the 14.5mm and I'll figure out if it works

The power of social networking! Welcome bro. You not go for the 12.5?

I meant to say 12.5mm eheheh

Btw, I've realized the tire touches that little piece of plastic on the rear bumber
12fe4cdeb99fc0f10d4a6ee0e850b33f.jpg

Btw, I've realized the tire touches that little piece of plastic on the rear bumber
12fe4cdeb99fc0f10d4a6ee0e850b33f.jpg

Arrrrr. Is that what it was? Only happened under serious load though?

I purchased these from H&R 2055668 in black and they fit perfect on the front, and the rear ones I had to remove the cap off the center of the hub for them to fit as they were 1mm off being flush (something I had to do with my B7 and my B8 also).

I will fit them too one side of my car tomorrow so you can see what they look like.

I'm off to the UK from Germany with a full load including roof box, so pretty much full load so I'll let you know if I get any rubbing.

So today while I had quick 10mins of sunshine over here in Germany so I fitted the 10mm spacers to the rear. As you can see I had to remove the center cap which some people will disagree with but I have done this on my last two A4's both the B7 and B8.5 and had no issues. You can choose to leave the cap off and leave it to the elements or do what I did and fit a condom (or something similar) to it to stop s**t getting inside. The spacers fit perfectly on both the front and rear now. As I only have one pair I have took them off till the other ones arrive.

Also thought I'd add a pic of my new bike I picked up Friday from the U.K.

A 12 hour drive and a nice speeding fine from the Dutch she's back in Germany ready for the summer.

Attachments

• IMG_7439.JPG
    IMG_7439.JPG
    89.1 KB · Views: 796
  • IMG_7440.JPG
    IMG_7440.JPG
    71.4 KB · Views: 749
  • IMG_7441.JPG
    IMG_7441.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 734
  • IMG_7443.JPG
    IMG_7443.JPG
    71.6 KB · Views: 793
Last edited:
I have managed to get H&R 10mm to fit on the front and the rear so all is good

Could you point me in the right direction?

Struggling to find anything apart from ECS

I want 10mm front and back too.

Brand, part number or even supplier would be great.

Could you point me in the right direction?

Struggling to find anything apart from ECS

I want 10mm front and back too.

Brand, part number or even supplier would be great.

As I mentioned in your own Spacers Help thread, Damian at DPM Performance is your man.

Interesting. Forge are well known and I like the fact they are anodised to avoid bonding, something I’ve experienced with H&R spacers personally. Cheaper too.

Good find!

Reactions: Tommy_Egan
Remember to add price of longer bokts and lockers

Yea good price make sure you get the round ball seat valves and not tapered if on standard alloys. Wouldn’t mind a set myself

Yea good price make sure you get the round ball seat valves and not tapered if on standard alloys. Wouldn’t mind a set myself

Yes, bolts are ball seat or otherwise known as radius bolts

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3
What's the wheel specs and spacers on your A5?
Looking at aftermarket wheels and most are nowhere near factory specs??
Cheers!

Wheels are the 19 five spokes from Audi (don’t have the car anymore, don’t remember the exact specs) and spacers were 15mm

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk

Hi all,

Can you help me work out what would fit a B9 S-line Avant on standard 19” x 8.5J ‘10-V spoke alloys?

Sounds like 10mm fits front & back.... I am about to press go on a set of 11mm from Forge.... Would be good to get views and know if i can go a little wider at the back...

Soilder4313 - Any rubbing since you fitted the 10mm?

Wise1972 - did you fit the 12.5 spacers on the rear? We’re these ok with a fully loaded car?

Thanks!

I run 12mm all round with lowering springs and have had a fully loaded car with no issues. :)

Hi all,

Can you help me work out what would fit a B9 S-line Avant on standard 19” x 8.5J ‘10-V spoke alloys?

Sounds like 10mm fits front & back.... I am about to press go on a set of 11mm from Forge.... Would be good to get views and know if i can go a little wider at the back...

Soilder4313 - Any rubbing since you fitted the 10mm?

Wise1972 - did you fit the 12.5 spacers on the rear? We’re these ok with a fully loaded car?

Thanks!

Hi I have H&R 10mm front and Firge 11mm rears.. looks ace. 11mm on front is too aggressive in my opinion or certainly for me

Thanks for the replies....

Watfields Limited in Barnsley make and sell spacers and bolts on eBay and are happy to alter their options for the B9.

I’m thinking of going for 10mm on the front and 12mm on the back with a hole for a longer brake disc retaining bolt to stop the spacer moving about.

One final question I have....What’s the issue with the centre cover not fitting flush and having to be removed?

I can’t picture what the problem is and was wondering if I can alter the spacer design so it all fits properly....

Any thoughts?

Thanks for the replies....

Watfields Limited in Barnsley make and sell spacers and bolts on eBay and are happy to alter their options for the B9.

I’m thinking of going for 10mm on the front and 12mm on the back with a hole for a longer brake disc retaining bolt to stop the spacer moving about.

One final question I have....What’s the issue with the centre cover not fitting flush and having to be removed?

I can’t picture what the problem is and was wondering if I can alter the spacer design so it all fits properly....

Any thoughts?

I don't really know what you mean with the centre cover question. Mine are 12mm all round and I just greased them up, popped them on the hub and then threw the wheels back on with no other modifications being needed?

****** spacers! You lot would put them on even if the wheels were already outside the wheelarch. My car is wider than yours therefore I'm better mentality. Madness!!

Geometrically it is utterly mad to f**k with the suspension and steering settings without good reason. Good looks (arguable) is not good reason. It could even make a car dangerous. Adding condoms must in all honesty have been a bit of a warning sign!!

On the rear it is just about accetable to add a spacer. OK on multi link etc I may even reserve that judgement, but overall 15mm per side shoudn't affect the compression arc too much, even if it doesn't hit the £38,000 paintwork!

On the front you could be destroying a set up. 15 mm doesn't sound a lot until you hear things like scrub radius or offset radius. Offset radius can be negative or positive by just a few mm. Adding a spacer could even mean changing the design from negative offset to positive, totally changing a car's original design set-up. Power steering might hide a bit of the feel but it will totally screw with the handling. A couple of mm may tidy things up and make it feel sporty but 15mm?? More like f**k things up especially with DIY fitting and looks-alone mentality. So it might look good in Lidl car park but start the engine and you might be driving a kit car. Possibly an ill thought out, even dangerous kit car.

Spacers are for when you've bought aftermarket wheels with the wrong offset. That's it.

Why? Just why would you?

****** spacers! You lot would put them on even if the wheels were already outside the wheelarch. My car is wider than yours therefore I'm better mentality. Madness!!

Geometrically it is utterly mad to f**k with the suspension and steering settings without good reason. Good looks (arguable) is not good reason. It could even make a car dangerous. Adding condoms must in all honesty have been a bit of a warning sign!!

On the rear it is just about accetable to add a spacer. OK on multi link etc I may even reserve that judgement, but overall 15mm per side shoudn't affect the compression arc too much, even if it doesn't hit the £38,000 paintwork!

On the front you could be destroying a set up. 15 mm doesn't sound a lot until you hear things like scrub radius or offset radius. Offset radius can be negative or positive by just a few mm. Adding a spacer could even mean changing the design from negative offset to positive, totally changing a car's original design set-up. Power steering might hide a bit of the feel but it will totally screw with the handling. A couple of mm may tidy things up and make it feel sporty but 15mm?? More like f**k things up especially with DIY fitting and looks-alone mentality. So it might look good in Lidl car park but start the engine and you might be driving a kit car. Possibly an ill thought out, even dangerous kit car.

Spacers are for when you've bought aftermarket wheels with the wrong offset. That's it.

Why? Just why would you?

That's quite a rant! I have them because they look good and at 12mm, they haven't affected handling or performance in a detrimental fashion. I can understand if you're sticking 20mm spacers on or something, but 5-15mm I can't see being an issue to be honest.

That's quite a rant! I have them because they look good and at 12mm, they haven't affected handling or performance in a detrimental fashion. I can understand if you're sticking 20mm spacers on or something, but 5-15mm I can't see being an issue to be honest.
Not a rant rather a loud post! Just trying to add some banter to liven up the forum.

But my point is that looks are not important enough to screw with the geometry. You disagree then say that 12mm is ok. It isn't. With a negative offset of say 10mm (typical Audi) you now have 2mm positive offset. The difference between steering with negative and positive offset is massive. The characteristics are different and the design stress areas are different. Without PAS you'd have them off in 5 miles saying it is twitchy or undriveable. But you leave them on as the PAS hides the changes. Stresses are different, the car may track differently, tyre wear will alter, if you ave a puncture the car may veer towards the puncture uncontrollably. It's not the 12/24mm track increase, that's almost irrelevant, it's the potential >100% change in offset or scrub radius.

So with that all being said, I presume all the geometry in the A/S5 is different despite running essentially the same chassis?

Also, where are you finding values for the scrub angle for the A4?

Not a rant rather a loud post! Just trying to add some banter to liven up the forum.

But my point is that looks are not important enough to screw with the geometry. You disagree then say that 12mm is ok. It isn't. With a negative offset of say 10mm (typical Audi) you now have 2mm positive offset. The difference between steering with negative and positive offset is massive. The characteristics are different and the design stress areas are different. Without PAS you'd have them off in 5 miles saying it is twitchy or undriveable. But you leave them on as the PAS hides the changes. Stresses are different, the car may track differently, tyre wear will alter, if you ave a puncture the car may veer towards the puncture uncontrollably. It's not the 12/24mm track increase, that's almost irrelevant, it's the potential >100% change in offset or scrub radius.

I think you're being a little alarmist. Yes, you're changing things from the original design, yes you're stressing components and geometry but not to the extent that you'll suffer a blow-out or the suspension will suddenly fall apart. They way you're going on about it, you'd think the car is going to explode the first time you hit a pot hole.

Personally, I've ran spacers and wider wheels with different offsets on cars with no problems throughout my ownership for over a decade. Widest set ever was on my Ghibli at 20mm each corner and never had an issue in the three years that I owned it. Only noticeable difference is on hard lock as the maximium steering angle is slightly decreased

Last edited:
^^^ I agree, and that was kind of what I was getting at.

Going from negative to a little positive isn’t going to suddenly spear you into a field... I’ve run spacers or lower offset wheels on all my cars for the past decade as well and I’ve not had any handling issues. Just me and my cars though.