Wheel spacers

Bulldog

Reaction score
Hi I've fitted some 12mn spacers on the front of my avant & was going to fit 15mm on the rear I have some 3mm spacers as well so put the 12 & 3 together on the rear to trial fit & I thought the wheels sat ok. My question is does anybody run this set up as it looks like most people run 10mm front & 12mm rear. I've not ordered my 15mm spacers yet & I will be lowering soon on coilovers. Should also add I'm on standard s-line 18's 245/40/18.

3mm isn't hardly noticeable on the offset of a wheel. If it looks good and doesn't catch the arches/ rub anywhere then there shouldn't be a problem.

Karl.

Cheers it didn't look like it will catch the arch but just wanted to check before ordering.

Thanks I only asked as don't want to run into problems when it's lowered.

Reactions: Point_Audi
I have 15mm all round now, i did used to have 20mm on the back [as in my avatar pic ] but they stuck out too far.
The wheels are 19" off an s4 on Eibach springs .

the original wheels were 18" 47 ET ,the s4 19S wheels are 43 ET.

Hi guys I'm just about to order and fit 12mm Eibach spacers all round. My question is to wrighty01. We were looking critically at the car and trying to "see" it lowered on Eibach springs. This was at the Eibach importer here. The set up lowers the rear by 15mm and the front by 5mm. Generally, half the existing gaps that exist on the OEM factory settings. We thought the front would end up with clearances that may be too low. We considered doing the rear only. This kinda looked like the front would have sat up. The avant sits up at the rear for loads compared to the sedan which sits flatter. My last A4, a sedan, was on Eibachs and I was really happy but the S4 wagon may stay at the factory height. Do you have a side on picture of your eibach sprung avant? Or anybody else with input on this one for me? PS the car is running R19 255/35s. On 5V OEM Audi wheels.

My car is lowered on the eibach Pro springs and im currently running 12mm front and rear.

All is perfect.

First picture front spacers where off as had car at Audi to get wheel checked.

Reactions: chucky1
Ruari, yes, my A4 was like this too. Spot on. However the Avant seems to sit up higher in the rear. By dropping it all round we feel the S4 will sit too low in the front. And by dropping it only in the rear it will make the front look like its sitting up. We have elected to do nothing at this point other than organise the 12mm spacers. My previous car is on the thread thats current re debadging. Same height as yours on an Eibach Pro kit. Time for bed here.

Last edited:
Reactions: ruairi83
Hi, will try to take some pics of my car and post them up later.

You can lose a bit of the rake on the A4 Avant by chopping down the the rubber mounts at the top of the spring.
I have the Bilstein B12 pro kit on my car which is Eibach pro springs and B8 shockers.
The rear ride height was a little high so I removed the top rubber mount and chopped 10mm off it where the spring sits. This has had no effect on ride quality as there is still a good amount of rubber there but the rear ride height dropped 10mm .
Before

After

The top spring mount before it was modified.

Karl.

IMG 1523
IMG 1513
IMG 1525
IMG 1526
IMG 1511
IMG 1509
IMG 1518
IMG 1509
IMG 1511
IMG 1513
IMG 1515
IMG 1517
IMG 1523
IMG 1525
IMG 1526
IMG 1518

Filthy dirty at the moment but you get the idea.

Reactions: chucky1
Hey guys you are champs! Thanks for this. wrighty, I will take this to show the Eibach guys here. We are trying to balance her just right. I need a little bit of clearance when I go fishing. Karl, thanks for your input too. I'll be honest I might not have a crack at that one. Sounds simple enough but I could just see me stuffing that up. PS I like the Aruba Blue wrighty have not seen that colour before.