Wheel Spacers

y4n

Reaction score
Hi guys, I've got myself some wheels. Basically they are 16" 6.5J ET55.

Now being a newbie, What spacers would I need to make them fit my 1999 A3 1.8t and give it a nice stance too? Would it be a simple 20mm all round or maybe a different size for the rears?

To be honest mate, 16'' wheels are TINY as it is, and ET55 is FAR too much. you want more like ET35, and even then a rim of 7.5-8J.

ET55 on a 6.5J even with 30mm spacers is still going to be miles inside the arch and look rubbish.

Also, 6.5j just isn't wide enough to get a good sized tyre on.

I'd find new wheels if I were you!

I'm running 8J wheels at ET20, and the stance looks about right

stick them on and see what you think. I have 16's 'sport' alloys with no spacers and i think 20mm would help!

16" 6.5J ET55.

Stance on that? Don't think so mate, I've never seen 16s work unless your stupidly low, and 8j/9j minimum!

Basically... some guy on here runs a 10" wide rim ET60 with a 25 mm spacers on the rear of his A3. To get the same stance as his you would need a 65mm spacer on your wheels for the rear

and yes, you would be advised to space them out just to get them away from your suspension struts

right, I'll forget stance considering these wheels aren't right for it. I have tried fitting them on but they obviously foul the caliper. My current wheels are just a factory 15" alloys which are ET38, so am I right in guessing 20mm spacers would make my new alloys fit and look just like its on OEM offset?

or maybe i should just sell them on and get another set that would just bolt on without hassle.

Last edited:
mmm your looking at £100 for hubcentric 20mm spacers, have a look to see what wheels you could buy if you sell yours + £100

A lot of people on here but spacers from PW Motorsport - I ordered mine on friday

Im after spacers for my standard wheels but not sure weather how the stance would look if I went 15 front and 20 rear.

Anyone have any pics to upload of there stance.