wheel spacers / track width

Stoddy

Reaction score
Hi All,

fitting some new wheels to my car that I have spent some time refurbing. went to fit them today, and, despite a ton of research the fronts foul the callipers by about 1mm or a little more. I am going to fit a 3mm spacer, hub centric on each side, do I need to fit them on the rear as well to maintain the same difference between f & r track. I notice that the tech spec says that the front is already wider by 108mm, will 6mm make a difference?

cheers,

Rich

I hope not, mine are 4mm spaced at the front (will be 5 once I get round to fitting the proper spacers).

The engineer in the back of my head is saying there will be some effect on the rate the wheels turn when cornering (that'll be taken up by the diff), and maybe the spacers on the front will have an effect on the relative circles of the front wheels when cornering too, but none of it'll be a big enough difference to notice, and not as much as changing the offset and width of wheels anyway.

You'll be fine.

3mm is not enough! need 5mm, and then they poke put of the arches too much for my liking, any one know of some BBS LM's or replicas that will fit an A3 3.2 Quattro without going over flush from the arches?

Last edited: