wheel spacers,questions about fitment, effects on handling etc and where to get them.

Charlie Farley

Chilling out.
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi guys,
whilst i cant really touch too many areas on my avant without effecting the warranty i would like to fit some rear wheel spacers to just give it a wider looking stance, what i was hoping from you guys is some feedback on the best options to go with etc.
my main concern is one of , will fitting them to just the rears have any negative effect on handling etc, i dont really want to go any wider on the fronts just a bit more on the rears.
I'm running the DTM alloys as standard fitment with 235 tyres at present and really like them.
what would the best spacers to get with problem free fitment etc, also best source for the said items.

As it's a quattro s-line the rear is allready quite squat so i dont want to be rubbing the wheel arches etc if you get my drift.

any info would be great.
rob

Sorry to jump in on ya post but thinking of doing the same on my car has any got any pics with theirs with 10mm spacers on?

After some measuring etc I have decided to go with 10mm spacer on my avant as 15 are just a shade to close to the inner edge of the wheel arches for my likeing, just need to find a decent source with the right ones to fit...

rob

Fitment of 10mm hubcentric spacers can be a bit problematic on the rears as the hub protrudes quite a bit, so the spacer will not sit flat on the hub. I've read of people buying ones that do fit but I've never came across any, personally I don't think it's possible to machine a 10mm spacer that would fit over the hub and still have enough material left for a spigot.

These are FKs that don't sit flat.

I ended up shaving some material off the hub to allow it to sit flat. Many thought I was crazy but when you look closely at the hub you can see the small bit I removed serves no purpose at all.

I'm pretty sure 13mm spacers fit or someone might know of a supplier of 10mm hubcentrics that fit.

Reactions: desertstorm
thanks for the info really handy to know all these details, maybe i should just look at different offset rims, problam being that i really like my 18" dtm's .

thanks again .
rob

I had 15mm spacers on the rear of mine with no rubbing issues at all when I had the std 18" sline wheels on with 235 tyres, I also has 10mm on front but had to do the hub shave mod.
I think you can get a 12mm spacer that fits straight on the front with no modding, just make sure you get the correct length wheel bolts to go with the spacers.

thanks for the info, i may try the 15mm on the back , i supose it may be wise to increase the front a bit to keep things balanced out, dont fancy trimming bits at this stage so will search out 12mm for front.
do you have any links to spacers by anychance.
rob

Ive got an A4 2006 tdi 170 quattro with DTM wheels, I did a brake conversion and needed spacers. I fitted H&R 8mm hubcentric on front and 10mm hubcentric on rear all with longer bolts. No problems here to report, all fitted flat against hub face ect.
Its important to specify the car details when ordering though as manufacturers will adapt or design for specific model years ect.
If you use a good brand and a supplier (such as dpm above) that knows their stuff there shouldnt be any surprises mate, go for it.