wheel spacers/oem suspension

nobbybonez

Reaction score
hi

needing to fill the arches more on my facelift s3, i have no intention to lower it, and its on the original 17" alloys, 225/45/17 tyres, with r32 arb's front and back.

what is the largest spacer i could fit please?

thankyou,

nobby

thanks damian. i'm sure i've read about spacing the rear 25mm on lowered suspension, could i not get away with this on std setup and 15 front?

Hi, nice to bump in to you today; had a feeling that van pulled out sharpish and started following ;)

So, you saw my wheel-arch offset; my wheels are 8.5" ET25 front and rear with 235/40/R18 tyres. Spacer wise I have 10F/20R. I had to space the fronts in order to get the dished wheels on over the LCR Brembos after which I thought 20 on the rear would be fair. Bear in mind that mines lowered a nominal 25mm on HnR springs

To match that on standard wheels you'd be wanting 30F/40R

As I said I think I need to knock my rear wheels back in a touch and if it wasn't for the brakes I probably wouldn't have spacers on the front

so maybe 20F/30R or 20F/25R would be more appropriate. If you want to take another look at my car then let me know. Decent spacers (HnR hubcentric bolt-ons with the steel threaded inserts) get expensive so you want to get it right first time really

hi, likewise, nice to see another s3 owner, sorry if you thought i was stalking you :D
i hadn't thought about brakes, will the lcr's fit with the std wheel setup?
i have also been mulling over the need for wheel refurb and thinking i may just opt for new rims when my current tyres are shot.
will have to think on this a bit, want to buy decent spacers, but like you say, not twice...

yeah std wheels fit over LCRs with no spacers apparently

Reactions: nobbybonez