1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice
  1. Super Nintendo Chalmers

Super Nintendo Chalmers Member TeamMisano TFSI Owners Group saloon Audi A4 S-line owners group

Does adding spacer cause any errors with wheel alignment or how Quattro operates et al?

I'm keen to add them for aesthetic purposes but want to avoid any negative ramification.

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. A4snake

A4snake New Member

What size spacers are we talking about? because 10mm or less should be ok but anything like 20mm would affect geometry to some degree, either way you should get the tracking/alignment checked and set after any steering or suspension work, its a common misconception that they only adjust track width, but adjusting that will affect the way the weight/suspension is transferred to your wheels on the road to some degree ,google 'scrub radius' as that will give you some decent information. Your looking at Hub-centric spacers I'm assuming.

4. Super Nintendo Chalmers

Super Nintendo Chalmers Member TeamMisano TFSI Owners Group saloon Audi A4 S-line owners group

It seems logical that making this sort of change which have an impact on other areas of suspension and handling, as you say. 10mm may not make much of an aesthetic difference, so perhaps i'll consider 20mm and have the wheels realigned at the same time.

Thanks for the detailed response. Have had a quick look at scrub radius - will read up on it further.

A4snake likes this.