Wheel spacers (again!) for S3

ImS3ola

Reaction score
Good evening all. I was wondering if someone could tell me whether I can run 15mm spacers front and rear on a S3 with standard suspension. I believe from other posts that most people do 10mm front and 15mm rear, but I want to push the fronts out further than this if possible. I don't really drive the car hard (****** london /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif) so maybe it could be ok?

Also, what's the final word on which ones to get. I was thinking about the Forge ones but after seeing THIS post on the TT forum, it seems forge spacers and replica RSTTs dont fit?

H&R?
Eibach?
FK?

And if anyone's running spacers on their reps could they let me know which ones they've got.

Thanks guys

You can run 15mm all round if you wish... Depends what offset your wheels are.

I have 11mm fronts and 15mm rears and have rs4 reps.

The rear looks spot on but I think the fronts need a bit more so perhaps 15mm on the front won't be a bad idea...

I've got some FK's by the way and they are great!

Hope this helps

I ran 16mm Forge spacers on 18" ET33 BBS 8.0" x 18" wheels...

Personally, I thought the fronts stuck out a shade too far...I was running a lot of negative camber and the tyres were still close to the outer arches - never touched...but close.

At the rear, the 16mm spacers filled the arches well...but again, if you run standard rear camber and are lowered, you get perilously close to the rear tyres hitting the outer rear arches.

Personally, I think 10mm F and 16mm rear may have been the best option...but never tried that set up, so can't say conclusively.

Ive tried 8mm and 12mm H&R spacers with routecompany RSTT replicas and they dont fit, the chamfer on the wheel is too small for the spacer to sit flush. Having said that I bought a replacement wheel recently from the same manufacturer and the chamfer is different and the spacer fits that perfectly.
The H&R have a 7mm angled section so the wheel needs to have a chamfer to accomodate that, im guessing forge spacers have the same problems.

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Dicky, I think they are et 35.

Where did you order them from? Have you got the System A, B or B+

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

System A mate. They are hubcentric.

You will need 11mm on the fronts (22mm per axle) and 15mm for the rears (30mm per axle)

Don't forget you'l need longer bolts. Standard bolts are 27mm long so you'l need 10 x 38mm and 10 x 42mm bolts.

Make sure you get the correct seat also. Standard Avus wheels use radius seats but replicas tend to be fixed 60 (tappered).

Hope this helps
Rich.

I did have 10mm F and 16mm R until I got my RS6 replica alloys.

The front wheels did not fit over the Brembos calipers, so I had to use the 16mm spacers from the rear!

So now I'm running 16mm F and 10mm R.

I should really get 16mm for the rear, but getting the right sized wheel bolts is a problem.