Wheel Spacer issues?

Henda

Reaction score
Hi all,
I have bought some 8mm h&r hubcentric spacers for my A3, went to install them today to find fitting issues. The spacers fit perfectly and sit on the hub as they should, but when i have offered my wheel up there is approximately a 2mm gap between the wheel boss and the front of the spacer.
It looks as though the chamfer on the spacer around the centre bore is preventing the wheel seating fully on the spacer.
Has anyone had this before and could suggest any fixes to sort it. Spacers are brand new bought from a site sponsor.

Reactions: PeteRS3lee
Different alloys have different chamfers, and you’ve bought the wrong one. Get in touch with the supplier to discuss.

Different chambers? I have a set of h&r 12mm spacers on the back without any issue. Just assumed the chamfer would be the same. Never had issues like this before have numerous sets of h&r over the years. Could i just stick the spacer in a lathe and machine the chamfer myself to correct it?

Show us pics of the spacers.
Different chambers? I have a set of h&r 12mm spacers on the back without any issue. Just assumed the chamfer would be the same. Never had issues like this before have numerous sets of h&r over the years. Could i just stick the spacer in a lathe and machine the chamfer myself to correct it?

I am currently at work. I might be able to get some photos. What exactly are you wanting photos of the chamfer or the whole spacer

9162D3ED 83A0 4A21 A0AA 9C6D252B2545

These are the ones i was sent by DPM.

Ok now show them on the car & wheel as tbh I can't see what the issue is, hub centric & damian aka dpm doesn't make mistakes usually.

When you place the spacer on the back of the wheel, does the 2 faces sit flat against eachother as though it was part of the wheel.

Ok now show them on the car & wheel as tbh I can't see what the issue is, hub centric & damian aka dpm doesn't make mistakes usually.

When you place the spacer on the back of the wheel, does the 2 faces sit flat against eachother as though it was part of the wheel.
No if i put the spacer on the back of the wheel it doesn’t sit flush on back of wheel there is a 2mm gap all the way around, no matter how had a push it doesn’t go in fully. Wheels are Revo rfo 19’s, can’t get a photo of that at moment at work.

Need to see inside the wheel hole where spacer would sit.

Need to see inside the wheel hole where spacer would sit.
The actual centre bore part of the spacer (non chamfered bit) fits perfectly in the centre bore of my wheel. It’s literally the chamfer on the back of the wheel hitting the chamfer on the spacer which is stopping me sliding wheel on fully.

If I'm understanding this correctly, due to the 8mm thickness, the tapered edge is causing the gap & I suspect a 10mm or 12mm will fix this as there's more meat on the inside to create that edge against the bearing to be hub centric & snug fit.

You could lathe the inside of the wheel to accommodate the spacers, but thats upto you.

If I'm understanding this correctly, due to the 8mm thickness, the tapered edge is causing the gap & I suspect a 10mm or 12mm will fix this as there's more meat on the inside to create that edge against the bearing to be hub centric & snug fit.

You could lathe the inside of the wheel to accommodate the spacers, but thats upto you.
Yeah thats what a think is happening, but i was thinking of putting the spacers on a lathe and machining the chamfer to fit the wheel

Not sure I'd do that tbh as not enough meat on it, hence why its affected as is.