Saloon Wheel sizes

Dodgygtr

Reaction score
What size wheels and offset do I need for 19 and 20 inch wheel.
And the best tyre size for those wheels.

Looking at wheel now as I want to have them ordered before the car turns up next year so plenty of time.
Not planning on lowering the car and don’t want to compromise handling too much.

I was about to make the exact same thread. I was thinking to go 19x8.5 all round and stagger the tyre size 255/30/19 on the fronts and 235/35/19 on the rear. Not sure on the offsets though.

100% I'm going Pilot sport 4S, insanely good tyre.

Also any wheel ideas for the saloon would be great!

I was about to make the exact same thread. I was thinking to go 19x8.5 all round and stagger the tyre size 255/30/19 on the fronts and 235/35/19 on the rear. Not sure on the offsets though.

100% I'm going Pilot sport 4S, insanely good tyre.

Also any wheel ideas for the saloon would be great!
Are 235 tyres ok the go on an 8.5 inch rear??
The standard RS3 rear is in 8 inch width.

Can you not put 255 all round?
If I were changing my wheels but staying with 19inchers I would keep my tyres as they're almost new. Which means if i go for new 19 by 8.5 wheels all round will my 235 tyre on thr rear fit an 8.5 wheel??

I've been looking into this myself. I believe the standard wheels have a 49mm offset.

I was looking at the OZ Legerra HLT in 20" x 8" ET45. Rubber wise, I'd be looking at 245/30/R20 to keep the rolling radius close.

Reactions: teslaboy
The thing that has me curious is why Audi stagger the tyre setup, does it really make that much of a difference to handling? Would 255 all round be better for overall grip?

Think they did it to combat any understeer

Yeah, I did read about that. However, I wonder if it's actually noticeable.

Should be pretty evident to somebody driving back to back, 20mm extra is a lot of width to add on a tyre and 40mm wider on the front axel in total.

The demo I had and did 450 miles in had standard wheels, mine has the staggered setup but I’m yet to drive it and won’t be at any pace for a good couple of weeks yet. I doubt I will notice a difference from 2 months apart.

Reactions: JamesCrs3
My oz racing superturismo dakars are ET45 8.5j, 20”

Up for sale also if anyone wants them - rs3 suits multispokes really well.