Wheel removal madness

JeffY

Reaction score
So today I have time on my hand so I decided to take my alloy wheels off to give them a good clean and see if I can remove some of the rust aroung the wheel hubs. I even bought a proper hydrolic jack from Halfords. Simple task you would think even for a noob like me. So I look at the owners manual for the jack points etc. I look in the boot for all the tools (which have never been used). One of the tools is missing (and must have been missing from new), the thing for removeing the plastic nut covers. So already ****** off that my £25K car doesn't have the basic tools to remove a wheel I went to the local Audi to talk to them about it. It costs 89p but they don't have any and they can't get me one until Monday. :wtf:

Use some long nose pliers with some cloth wrapped around the ends to stop them damaging it, should do the job?

couldn't they just have given you set of one of the cars in the showroom and replaced them on Monday LOL

So today I have time on my hand so I decided to take my alloy wheels off to give them a good clean and see if I can remove some of the rust aroung the wheel hubs. I even bought a proper hydrolic jack from Halfords. Simple task you would think even for a noob like me. So I look at the owners manual for the jack points etc. I look in the boot for all the tools (which have never been used). One of the tools is missing (and must have been missing from new), the thing for removeing the plastic nut covers. So already ****** off that my £25K car doesn't have the basic tools to remove a wheel I went to the local Audi to talk to them about it. It costs 89p but they don't have any and they can't get me one until Monday. :wtf:

My car came with the small plastic 'tweezers' designed to remove the plastic wheel nut covers in the tool kit in the centre of the spare wheel. I've used them many times and they work fine.

My car came with the small plastic 'tweezers' designed to remove the plastic wheel nut covers in the tool kit in the centre of the spare wheel. I've used them many times and they work fine.

Thats what he will be talking about. I take it that they haven't just fallen out under foam holder/spare wheel?