Wheel Refurb- What colour???

A3_Turbo

Swaying towards IHI....
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Well i picked up a set of spare wheels many thanks to JCS356 he very kindly lent me a set of New style RS4's. Which i most probably will buy off him and keep for winter wheels.

Anyways the New style RS4's are a kinda of shiny silver and IMO go really nice with the silver paintwork.

So... the original plan was to refurb my Cup 2's same again, black center polished lip.

But now having the RS4's on in silver i quite like the look of the silver. So do you guys reckon i should get the Cup 2 's fully polished? Id obviously just run them as summer wheels?

What you think? Need to send the wheels off this week some-time :)

Heres a pic with the current in black....

a3b5dr0.png

All comments welcome!!

Jason

I always was a sucker for gunmetal gray wheels on a silver S3, but that's just me.

Yeah I agree there, The black grilles would of made it look nice. thats why they pay these designers god knows how much at audi to take these factors into acount :p

I dont normally like the side vents on your bumper, but I do like these especially as they are benifical for you SMIC.

Ive never been a fan of black wheels inless on a yellow car.

White would be too in your face..

Polished could look smart,

Or just standard.

But in my opinion some Shadow Chrome or (I dont know what the word is, Begins with A and looks like shadow chrome.) HAHA.. that colour would go NICEEE...

Im not knocking your car in any way by the way mate, just giving you my view as you said all views welcome... :)

How did u do the side vents anyway?
Are they cosmetic or actually vents.\

Ryan

Reactions: jitvv
But in my opinion some Shadow Chrome or (I dont know what the word is, Begins with A and looks like shadow chrome.) HAHA.. that colour would go NICEEE...
Ryan

Anthracite?

I'd go for white or polished...

And agreed on them grills....Looks tidy other wise. Always been a fan of the "RS4" bumper. Arturo's looks the nuts.

Thanks guys,

Yeah buper grills would look better in black i agree! Only recently had it done so when i next get the bumper sprayed black grills will be done.

The grills are 4S4 sde vents plastic welded onto an S3 bumper with S4 grills.

Im thinking fully polished then guys what you think?

Jason

Well i decided to get them fully polished dropping them off at Spit & Polish at some point tomorrow.

Pics when the wheels come back :)

J

good man, the block wheels just somehow don't work on it anymore mate, they don't look right to me!

Why not just do the grilles black yourself? it wouldn't be hard at all.

Just whip the bumper off, mask up the main bulk leaving the grilles, and get busy with the satin black!

Don't the grilles even pop out so you could do it without even removing the bumper?

It looks really wrong with the all black front grille then the silver lower grilles!

Yeah the grills do just pop up i believe,

I think as soon as i get my wheels back from being polished black grills will be next on the agenda :)

Jason

Am thinking of refurbishing my standard avus, they got one or two scrapes now. Was thinking of changing the colour while i was at it. Any ideas for a Noggy Blue S3 what colour would look the best on the avus?

I wanted to ask about the gunmetal or Anthracite.

What type of spray can I get for this if I wanted to do refurb myself?

I have Avus alloys myself and got a few scrapes here and there from the previous owner.

Can i get this colour from someone like Halfords? or better from a stealer?