Wheel Refurb - City Powdercoaters Birmingham

coyote

Reaction score
Ok so they are not my Audi wheels but are from my summer car - Mk1 Golf cabrio:kiss:. I read about these guys on here so thought I would share my experience with you.

I got my alloys back today and am well happy with the result! Not bad for 20+ year old wheels!

Tyres off, chemical strip, shot blasted, filled, sanded, powdercoated sparkle silver, laquered, tyres refitted and balanced. All for just £30 per wheel. I called in a favour and got them transported to and from the powdercoaters for free.

I also fitted some new BBS alloy centre cap badges which came from the bay.

Before:
1bad76bc.jpg

ae0e1344.jpg

After:
92fc6f4a.jpg

9ae8cf12.jpg

Wow that is cheap, paid £45 a wheel for bare rims in Bristol, excellent result until the Tyre monkey fitted the 40 profile 18s and chipped the powder coat on 3 of 4 wheels!

What colour you going for James?

My RS6's could do with a trip up there aswell but I need to find a set of loan steelies to sit the Audi on.

They're going to be an anthracite colour. I'm not 100% sure which at the moment, my mate is dropping them up there for me, and I'm not sure if I can choose any colour or from a few pre-determined choices. That sort of thing though anyway.

Looking forward to seeing the pics of them fella! Im not sure whether to stick with Silver or go dark as my A4 is still chromed up.

I was a bit dubious after looking at their website. According to my delivery guy its a small unit and the guys there were friendly and professional. I gave them a few phone calls and everyone I spoke to was switched on and knew the answer to my questions immediately. You can specify the exact colour you want. If its in stock its no extra but if its not in stock it'll cost more.

I'll be sure to let you know when they're on, I'm hoping to fit them at the same time as the S-Line suspension set up I've bought so it should transform the car.

Going dark is an experiment for me too, that's why I figured for £20 a wheel it didn't matter too much if I didn't like it.

Mine are Graphite which is a fairy common colour in the powder coat world.

cae9912b.jpg

Reactions: coyote