wheel referb/colour

swarcup

Reaction score
I have a silver avant (ly7w silver sea metallic) with 19inch rs6 reps on and i have the offer of free painting if i provide the paint and masking materials. My first question is because there are a few bits of kerb damage and scratches etc what filler or product does anyone recommend to apply and sand smooth, can you use normal car body stuff? I think i want something like a dark silver/grey but not black and does it matter what type of paint to go for. Any help would be greatly recieved

When I did mine I was able to take out any kerb marks on the lip without filling, just by the use of a coarse sandpaper. It's surprising how much you can remove. I wrote a guide for Audifans.net, I'm not sure if you can view it unless you're a member though:

RS6 Wheel Refurb. - Audifans.net

jesus! that's a lot of time consuming work only to be damaged a week later. I feel for you there bud. I don't have any spare wheels to replace to do a thorough job like that, may have to do one at a time using the spare to replace each one.

as james said when you start rubbing the wheels down you will see just how much of the curb mark goes who ever is doing them im sure has a DA sander and that will sort them with no problem i very rarely use filler when i do some ones wheels and have done some right bad ones in my time would add pics but its not letting me will have to speak to admin about that as for paint it dont matter really all car body work paint is fine

jesus! that's a lot of time consuming work only to be damaged a week later. I feel for you there bud. I don't have any spare wheels to replace to do a thorough job like that, may have to do one at a time using the spare to replace each one.

You could borrow my 16's if you weren't miles away!

cheers for the offer James, visiting your neck of the woods is like a holiday to me.I am now armed with a lot more info and a bit of confidence to go for it, to be honest 3 out of the 4 are pretty good, the fourth is kerbed for almost a quarter of the rim and is quite rough but a sand as you say will soon have it looking ok. this weekend isnt looking to bad, i may have a start and hope the weather holds.

Thanks si for the info its a big help to know i am free to choose whatever paint i fancy, however i like the color that the newer audi wheels seem to be, they seem a shade darker than mine, a bit greyer if that makes sense. is there a color name for these as the ones on the b6/b7 are avus silver arn't they

Going to tackle mine next week after the mrs kerbed one yesterday only had them done a month ago I was not happy and won't be until there done again, I aim to do two a day so can get them all done over a weekend it's a pain with only one set of wheels.