Wheel question

paddy

Reaction score
I remember back in the day when the 8p was available new a lot of guys were fitting 19" TT rotor wheels.
I need new wheels and i also want to keep the car outwardly as std as possible so now i am thinking maybe 19" TT wheels might be the answer and allow slightly bigger discs a calipers as a bonus ?

Am i imagining this or will TT wheels fit the S3 with a reasonable off set ?

They should fit Paddy, but probably best finding out what ET and what width they are. Also, I think the TTS had wider tyres on the front which you don't want with 19's - make sure you stick to 225 rubber or you will rub at the rear.

Edit - wasn't it the RS3 and TTRS that had 19" Rotors fitted?

Reactions: paddy
Yes i think people used to fit TTRS to the new s3 black editions as they were the same but 1" bigger. Just dont know if it was a straight swap or with spacers etc.

EDIT, looks like stock was 9Jx19 ET52

Yes i think people used to fit TTRS to the new s3 black editions as they were the same but 1" bigger. Just dont know if it was a straight swap or with spacers etc.

EDIT, looks like stock was 9Jx19 ET52

Stock S3 8P wheels are ET50, I reckon those will go straight on with 35 tyres.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@paddy depending on the BBK you go for an ET52 my not be enough.

Factory 18” have an ET of 54.

As you’re thinking 19” and sticking with rotors, the A4 is a 19x8.5 ET43 (66mm centre bore) to the RS3 alloys (ET50). You can get aftermarket rotors with an ET of 45 but don’t know it your want aftermarket.

For the BBK under said new alloys, most people opt for the TTRS BBK setup as it’s a direct bolt on for the S3 (when using the TTRS 370mm rotors). These require an ET of approx 45.

Although the RS3 calipers are the same, the RS3 rotors are a completely different offset and also need to go behind 19”. There is other nuisances to the fitment too but I can’t remember these (caliper spacing or something. Obviously these sit behind RS3 19”s so could be an option?

Team Dynamics pro race 1.2 allows RS3/ttrs brakes under 18's & they have a nice offset too give a stance that'll suit.