Wheel or deal

Brodster

Reaction score
Website
www.brotek.co.uk
Hi all. Have got an opportunity to acquire a set of 19" RS3 alloys for my S3. Have just had a look at a white RS3 with them fitted and they look 'The Biz'

I believe the offset is spot on with these wheels so no other mods needed. Is there anything else that may lead to problems IF I fit them to the S3.

If you're after looks,yes,but a number of folks who've fitted 19s have removed them when they find the handling is worsened......just a thought.

Any idea on how bad the handling is worsened as i dont want them IF its gonna handle as though Im driving on eggs. So basically 50/50 split for handling and looks.

Any idea on how bad the handling is worsened as i dont want them IF its gonna handle as though Im driving on eggs. So basically 50/50 split for handling and looks.
All I can really say is that i was warned off it quite strongly,and I do know of a few people who've fitted them and gone back to 18s......mine runs the stock 18s with Toyo R1Rs.

Ok then........If anyone else has any negative feedback why these wheels shouldn't be fitted to my S3 then let me know as I am giving the nod (or not) tonight.

Ok then........If anyone else has any negative feedback why these wheels shouldn't be fitted to my S3 then let me know as I am giving the nod (or not) tonight.
I think Warren may have 19s on his....maybe worth giving him a shout.

Do it, if RS3's come with 19's as standard I doubt the handling would be affected that badly.

same as above. if your sticking 19" wheels on a normal a3 then of course handlings going to be gank. but if your going up 1 inch then i dont see the problem, cant you ask to fit them go for a drive then decide

Would rather make the decision and not mess the guy around. Dont wanna whip my wheels offs and then end up refitting them and walking off......not my style. Have pinged Warren so will wait to see what he reckons or if anyone else has had bad Karma with 19's on an S3 then let me know.

Why is that a pointless question when I want the info from people that have experience in running 19's before I go ahead with the deal. I always go with the 6 'P's. before making decisions that cost me more money in the long run.

My S3 has active TPMS aswell.........IF I get the 19's will this affect it or is there a procedure when wheels are swapped. I can always deactivate it thro the DIS I believe.

Just heard aswell that 4 brand new tyres have been fitted........wait for it.....................Accelera????????? WHO???

So gonna have to fork out or 4 new tyres which I didnt really wanna do.

if your going 19s you'll have to lower the car as it will look like its on stilts, also bear in mind they will weigh more, so turn in, acceleration, breaking will also be made worse, also with the reduced side wall you will feel a lot more bumps. all depends what you want out of the car, if you want it for posing then 19's all the way, if you want it for performance stick with 18s

Reactions: Kelza
personally id stick with 18s, if you want to be able to 'drive' the car harder and have it more comfortable thats the way forward, if you fancy a change of wheels get some lightweight 18s and you'll notice a difference for the better, Team Dynamics 1.2's from memory are a solid option, can get them in silver, anthracite or black so will find something that suits your car