• 18" Cades Tyrus

Votes: 23 71.9%
  • Something else (Post below)

Votes: 2 6.3%

• Total voters

DaveA3

Audi A-Trizzle!
Reaction score
Ok lads ive narrowed it down. What do ya reckon to these 2 sets?

Please choose out of these two (if you feel like it)

Calibre Vintage 17" (BBS RS STYLE, i think)

CALIBRE_Vintage_ImageWhite_460x460.jpg

or

Cades Tyrus 18" (BBS LM STYLE)

701717.jpg

i really cant decide! :think:

cant slam too low because i car share but it will be low enough. widths same sorta thing cant go too wide as i dont want scrubbing.

hmm i see where ur coming from but cant decide lol

It is a tough decision. I went boring and got someyhin that arn't too outlandish. Either soul look good. If the car isn't going to be that low the 18's would be best

was kinda thinking that. i cant find an a3 with 17's that hasnt been slammed to the floor. it will be lowered to edge of tyre either way but need to see what that looks like. seen plenty with the tyres up in the arches

Unless your going to drop your car massively i would stick with the 18" get a little subtle stretch on them abd get it sitting with a good stance ans youll be onto a winner. Thats my plan when my lm reps come in the post tommorow :)

Reactions: Deames-
18's for me think the 8L's too modern to carry off the classic look and their a bitch to keep clean

Rob

cheers lads. with the lm style ones only difference i can see is that these have no fake studs. would prefer a brand like these cades ones rather than the unknown brand of reps. anyone know where most the reps come from?

i noticed they have them on ali baba from shanghai, china so wouldnt be too satisfied with the quality and figure most places get them from here (ebay and merseyside ones)

18"-19" Alloy Wheel BBS Style products, buy 18"-19" Alloy Wheel BBS Style products from alibaba.com

Lm style deffo dude others will be one major pain in the *** to keep on top of.

If you want to go to UD and have the same style wheels as 90% of the cars there go for the LM style lol. They are nice but sooo boring now, be different and get the RS style, you know you want to lol

Wheels are £624.

Camskill will do 4 Rainsport 2`s which are probably better than the Falkens for £318.40 or Hankook S1 Evo`s which are getting pretty good ratings will be £303.12 a set.

You said in the other thread you had £800-1000 and thats less than £1000 :p Unless your budget has gone down.

Plus cheap wheels are going to be more likely to crack/smash than ultralites and we both know what some of the roads are like in MK lol.

I think the LM style will suit your car better myself. Although IMO iv never seen a set of bbs wheels that looks quite as good as standard spoked wheels like avus's or TTRS alloys. I think they looks awesome the older squarer vws and bmw's, but dont look quite as good on the 8L.

If you want to go to UD and have the same style wheels as 90% of the cars there go for the LM style lol. They are nice but sooo boring now, be different and get the RS style, you know you want to lol
ehh lm's are less scene then RS's????

youll be surprised how low you can still go on 18" with abit of stretch :)

theres 1.4mm difference between 225/40/18 and 225/45/17 so makes no difference in the drop so its more down to the width in that case..

Dave! You already bored of them R8s yeah? Hah, I've got those RS Reps, but as has already been stated I'd wait until they put out the 18"s and buy them instead.

I'm cursing now that they're releasing them in 18s. I think they're only £545 too, and will be available in 9" width.

Wait a while and get the calibres in 18.....and then we'll swap:ninja:

the LM style will show off more brake calibre and disc, so if youve got something worth showing off, then that would be my preference

cheers for the votes and comments peeps helping alot ;)

Wheels are £624.

Camskill will do 4 Rainsport 2`s which are probably better than the Falkens for £318.40 or Hankook S1 Evo`s which are getting pretty good ratings will be £303.12 a set.

You said in the other thread you had £800-1000 and thats less than £1000 :p Unless your budget has gone down.

Plus cheap wheels are going to be more likely to crack/smash than ultralites and we both know what some of the roads are like in MK lol.

it has a lil as i didnt calculate mr tax man taking a 3rd of my money :laugh:

id go calibre vintage if you want either of those, but in 18's Calibre Vintage 18" Alloy Wheels (Alloys) - Audi A3 / Rimstyle.com

i like these wheels but they didnt do them in 18's when i was wheel hunting but they do now :)

18's not til april and im impatient :jump: thats what the bloke on the phone said anyway.

Dave! You already bored of them R8s yeah? Hah, I've got those RS Reps, but as has already been stated I'd wait until they put out the 18"s and buy them instead.

I'm cursing now that they're releasing them in 18s. I think they're only £545 too, and will be available in 9" width.

Wait a while and get the calibres in 18.....and then we'll swap:ninja:

yeh bit bored of em now bhavin :happy:, still a lovely wheel when clean and shiny but i fancy some dish :eyebrows: tyres are doing well still also.

PURCHASED! 18" Cades Tyrus

cant wait :D went for the falken fk452's for rubber in 225/40/18 for a bit of rim protection. if anyone wants to buy my current wheels let me know :D