Wheel Offset

Rheady

Reaction score
Would the alloys from a 2009 A4 with an offset of 47 still fit on a 2006 A4 without any rubbing issues. The car is an SE with standard suspension.

Cheers

Steve

They might be a bit tight. I've just swapped my standard wheels with a 42mm offset for a set that are 45mm. There's no rubbing on the suspension uprights, but the gap between the inside of the wheels spokes and the outside of the brake calipers is minimal.

47 offset will mean the wheel's will sit in more and. The wheel's will look lost inside the arches.

I am confussed now. Was looking up offsets on the internet and it is stated that its the difference between the hub face and the middle of the width of the wheel. So wouldn't a lower offset mean that the wheels sit further in??, not a larger one??

No the lower the offset number's ie 43 down to 35 will mean that the wheel will sit/poke out more.

It's even possible to run negative offset lol....

anything between ET43 and ET54 should be fine... some people run ET35, but those stick out so far that you're verging on it being illegal (rims sticking proud of the top of the arch).