Wheel nut key

Sandra Hargreaves

Reaction score
hi having just taken my car Audio A1 to a garage I have been told that the wheel nut locking key is not for my car. How do I fed the right one, can I purchase one online?

Can anyone advise me please

You should be able to go to an Audi dealer, taking your V5 registration document with you (as proof of ownership) They can find the right code for your key, assuming the locks were fitted by Audi and not aftermarket.

Are you sure it's not in the car somewhere?

Most garages (including Audi) will say the key is missing if it's not in its designated spot under the boot floor. I keep mine in one of the cubby holes in the boot, and they still say it's missing! :racer:

Hi thank you for prompt answer. I have searched but will search again and if not will go see Audi. I got the car at Car People and there is one that was left in bit near cigarette lighter but it doesn't fit and they have not been very helpful at car people to put it right. I wil not be going back to them for a car ever....
Thanks again you have been very helpful
Sandra

If you don't manage to find a key (because it's non Audi) most tyre places will "remove" the locking nut using force, allowing you to get the wheel off, and put a new locking bolt set on.

Example

Thank you very much for your reply that's great. I'm wondering now if Car People have changed the original......

It's possible that they have changed or just misplaced they key.

A trip to your Audi dealer is the easiest first port of call.