wheel nut caps

southylad

Reaction score
i have a few of my plastic nut caps missing so i ordered a full set off ebay oem caps from lincoln audi but i tried to fit them and cant push them on i expected them to be tighter than the old ones but not this tight i contacted them and they say they are all the same size but to get one on i had to bang it on and nearly broke the removing tool trying to remove it , so i didnt want to force any more on , can anyone tell me if this is correct?

Try firstly putting them in a bucket of warm/hot water, then spray insides with silicone before pushing them on.

i did try silicone lube but i will try them in hot water at the weekend cheers

cheers for that, i see your in lincoln mate my a3 was supplied and serviced from new by lincoln audi

Try firstly putting them in a bucket of warm/hot water, then spray insides with silicone before pushing them on.

be interested to know how you get on brought a set of these myself from lincoln audi for my summer wheels i brought my a3 convertible from them as well had great service and a good price

fitted today just dropped them in a jug of boiling water fished out one at a time they pushed on great cheers

fitted today just dropped them in a jug of boiling water fished out one at a time they pushed on great cheers

May be interesting trying to get them back off with the plastic grip, have you tried now they've cooled?

Reactions: Boydie
If a prob, use a hair dryer first. I reckon over time the plastic will free up.

Tried buying a used car from Lincoln Audi, but the sales Director was an arrogant sod who thought his derisory trade in offer was the dogs balls! God I do hate main dealers for their attitude and lies!

If I need superb serivce, I use Just Audi on Outer Circle Rd.