SQ5 Wheel Locking Nut Key Storage (Mk1) and Spare Wheel

RS3_Scott

Reaction score
Fellow SQ5 Folks,

Strange question, but where do you keep your nuts? Wheel locking nut keys that is! :smile new:

Picked up my 2015 SQ5 the other day and wheel locking nut keys x 2 are just rattling around the glove box.

Dealer told me the SQ5's have no spare wheel (21" rims) and in place of the spare wheel there is the subwoofer, with just the rest of the void where a spare wheel would be, empty.

Or is the dealer trying to pull a fast one on me re the spare wheel? I have a suspicion the car was perhaps on 20" rims, and they replaced with 21" rims to make it more sellable, meaning the spare no longer fits, so they've just taken it out and the locking nut keys have nowhere to live

Anyone any ideas?

Last edited:
Mine is stored with the jack in a compartment beside the battery (under the boot floor).

PS assume you mean the lock key - the nuts/studs should be on the car :friendly wink:

They stopped supplying the collapsible spare as standard a few years back but you can retrofit one, the subwoofer sits inside it. Same spare for 255/45/20 and 255/40/21 (rolling diameter is the same)

Quite pricey brand new but they come up on the second hand market fairly regularly.

Edit:https://www.myaudiq5.com/index.php/...for-sale/page__hl__collapsible__fromsearch__1

Last edited:
Mine is stored with the jack in a compartment beside the battery (under the boot floor).

PS assume you mean the lock key - the nuts/studs should be on the car :friendly wink:

You can fit a collapsible spare, the subwoofer sits inside it. Quite pricey brand new but they come up on the second hand market fairly regularly.

Yes, sorry, wrong wording!

Yes that's usually were they would be, but under my boot floor, there is no spare wheel, just the subwoofer, and a massive void where a spare tire should sit, no jack or polystyrene insert.

...........as above, mine is in the polystyrene insert in the boot floor,2018 model. Maybe somebody has nicked yours?.

...........as above, mine is in the polystyrene insert in the boot floor,2018 model. Maybe somebody has nicked yours?.

Yes that's what I'm thinking is more likey, or that the dealer has taken it out! Although from what I ready the spare wheel in SQ5 isnt standard, it's an option, so instead you get the can of puncture repair goo.

Can't believe a car like this comes without a place to store locking nut keys!

So I investigated the car at lunchtime, and found an Audi compressor, and under a flap, jack, and all the tools associated with a spare wheel. Also in there was a puncture repair canister.

If the spare wheel was missing should Audi have put a new one in before selling the car? I feel like phoning Audi and chancing my hand at getting the to include / or replace it.

So I investigated the car at lunchtime, and found an Audi compressor, and under a flap, jack, and all the tools associated with a spare wheel. Also in there was a puncture repair canister.

If the spare wheel was missing should Audi have put a new one in before selling the car? I feel like phoning Audi and chancing my hand at getting the to include / or replace it.

No harm in trying your luck but I'm pretty sure I know what their answer will be!

My US spec 2014 with 21" wheels came with an inflatable spare